capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member
If you can't afford the extra $3.00 for each tank of gas then you probably shouldn't drive the Raptor.

Get a Civic.

RTR GHIG

Established Member
Not sure how well here in San Antonio, when all the dealerships are raping people to death. One dealership here has 4 coming, and are going for $79.7k :eek: each. Another dealership has them going for $75k.

nofire

Sooner#65
Established Member
Not sure how well here in San Antonio, when all the dealerships are raping people to death. One dealership here has 4 coming, and are going for $79.7k :eek: each. Another dealership has them going for $75k.

Good lord. Although I do think things are at least as bad in SoCal. it's why I ordered mine from a dealership in Houston. I'd rather spend the gas and drive it home to Cali than reward some scumbag dealership charging a markup.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I sold mine for $75k, to another dealer.

Think about it this way. How many people can justify a $70k car (GT350) that besides the fun factor, isn't very practical? Now, how many people have justify a $75k truck (Raptor) that can easily be DD'd and serve multiply purposes? MUCH bigger audience.

Raptors have held their value far better than any Shelby.

nofire

Sooner#65
Established Member
Think about it this way. How many people can justify a $70k car (GT350) that besides the fun factor, isn't very practical? Now, how many people have justify a $75k truck (Raptor) that can easily be DD'd and serve multiply purposes? MUCH bigger audience.

Raptors have held their value far better than any Shelby.

I completely believe this. And I think mine will be delivered within a couple of weeks. :D

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
The one I ordered has been sitting at the plant since 11/21, no delivery date in sight.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Well that's not what I want to hear. :( I know they had some rework issues before, is that still the hold up on deliveries?

I have no idea to be honest. Once I sold mine and got my F250 in, I lost interest in tracking it. I just saw this thread and your reply so I checked on it.

Zemedici

Established Member
Extra $3? Try extra $30 at every fill up or double your gas budget. Numbers off but reason is dialed.

just saw this...

$30 extra? Do you plan on adding a 100 gallon auxiliary gas tank in the bed? because that's the ONLY way it'll be $30 extra....where I'm at premium is .40 over regular, lets say you ran it almost empty and need to put 30 gallons in...my math would make it $12 more...

And if you're buying a lifted truck with big wheel / tire setup for gas mileage, you need to have your head examined. Sounds like the phone calls I get 'hey man my 04 cobra only gets 10 miles to the gallon....anything you guys can do about that?'

'no. I'll trade you, mine gets 8 mpg'

It seems people get too caught up in buying the NEW NEW, when they truly cant afford it. If $30 breaks you, then you truly should re-evaluate your financial situation, or get yourself a financial advisor. Right @DHG1078? :D

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
The difference between a 30+mpg civic and a 15mpg Raptor is more than $3 per fill up. I just went from a JK Rubi to a fist and I went from spending $50 to $25 every 350 miles.

ViperRed91GT

Lightning Guru
Established Member
The difference between a 30+mpg civic and a 15mpg Raptor is more than $3 per fill up. I just went from a JK Rubi to a fist and I went from spending $50 to $25 every 350 miles.

That's great, I'm sure that's why he said "get a civic" if MPG is a big concern .. what does that have to do fuel mileage of the Gen 2 Raptor vs Gen 3?

RTR GHIG

Established Member
I have no idea to be honest. Once I sold mine and got my F250 in, I lost interest in tracking it. I just saw this thread and your reply so I checked on it.

How dou you like your F250, diesel? Been thinking about getting one as my second choice, since I can get Xplan pricing on them.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
How dou you like your F250, diesel? Been thinking about getting one as my second choice, since I can get Xplan pricing on them.
It's amazing. It's my favorite truck I've ever had. We're selling a ton of them as well.

Let me know when you get close and I can help you out on one.

Zemedici

Established Member

Is your wording this poor all of the time?

Yes, the difference will be more than that. However it will NOT be the $30 you stated earlier. And the difference in fuel economy will mean MORE frequent fill ups, not a 50% increase at EACH fill up....

geez.

And as I said earlier, if you're purchasing a new car and the $100-200 more you will have to spend on gas a month will break you, you shouldnt be buying a new car...

Users who are viewing this thread