Official GT 5.0/Boss 302 UOA thread

lshin037

Established Member
Anyone who sent a sample to Blackstone lately having issues with long delivery times by USPS? Should've sent it through UPS or FedEx but I was in a hurry that day and just used the prepaid USPS that was on the container.

lshin037

Established Member
Here’s my oil sample. I’ve used Amsoil since the first oil change. 10W-30 when NA and 0W-40 after blower install. This sample is on old formula 0W-40.
IMG_0278.JPG

Stig_v5.0

Established Member
@UnleashedBeast so with the new formulations is 0w-40 still the recommendation for supercharged daily driven applications? I just installed a TVS2300 on my 5.0 and I still do plan to daily drive it, even in the winter here in Chicago, because I’m a madman LOL.

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
@UnleashedBeast so with the new formulations is 0w-40 still the recommendation for supercharged daily driven applications? I just installed a TVS2300 on my 5.0 and I still do plan to daily drive it, even in the winter here in Chicago, because I’m a madman LOL.

Nothing has changed to date, but to drive that beauty on salt roads? Yikes!

Stig_v5.0

Established Member
Nothing has changed to date, but to drive that beauty on salt roads? Yikes!

Ehh. It’s just a mustang. They’re meant to be driven. If it were a boss or a Shelby I’d probably park it more often. But as it sits now, it’s a 23k mile a year daily, just happens to have a lot of power haha

Users who are viewing this thread