Opinions on Brushed Black Metallic wrap by 3M.

olympic

Established Member
The paint on my Cobra is far from perfect so I've been contemplating getting it wrapped. I saw an Audi R8 on youtube wrapped in Brushed Black Metallic and it caught my eye. What are your thoughts on this color and wraps in general?

lambo-gallardo-wrapped-in-black-brushed-metal-photo-gallery_3.jpg
3M-Brushed-Black-Metallic-Ferrari-Wrap.jpg

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
I've thought of getting a wrap myself and my car is silver. personally, I like the stealth gray color

PaxtonShelby

iamdrab
Established Member
I would have to see it in person before pulling the trigger. I have a '66 Toronado (retirement project - will be sitting for 10 years or so) I have thought about wrapping. Body is very solid and straight but the paint (bad bad re-spray) is weak - and I don't want to drop $5-$10k for a nice re-spray.

PC03GT

Established Member
The paint on my Cobra is far from perfect so I've been contemplating getting it wrapped. I saw an Audi R8 on youtube wrapped in Brushed Black Metallic and it caught my eye. What are your thoughts on this color and wraps in general?

View attachment 1455788 View attachment 1455789

I just got it done on the roof of my gotta have it green. The pictures don't do it any justice. If you go on you tube and look up the wrap there's a video of a z06 from all different angles. Personally that's what made my final decision to get it.

PC03GT

Established Member
I suck at posting pictures.....If you want to see them I can send them to you

olympic

Established Member
Here's a Corvette on Youtube with this wrap:

I'll have to contact the local vinyl shop and see if they can even get this stuff.

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
Here's a Corvette on Youtube with this wrap:

I'll have to contact the local vinyl shop and see if they can even get this stuff.

Car looks sweet...

...Was expecting a snow shovel though ;)

gt347mustang

Established Member

View attachment 1455788 View attachment 1455789

Where are you located? My buddy had his gtr wrapped in that color and the guy who applied it did a great job. The lines in the brushed wrap need to flow with the car or it looks funky.

Most the wraps I see around here are poorly done unfortunately and the brushed finish typically amplifies the installer mistakes.

olympic

Established Member
I'm in Canada and in a very rural area so my options are limited without travelling a long distance.. There is 1 local vinyl shop that I have dealt with for some signs for my business so I'll talk to him first. My car won't leave the garage until at least April so there's no rush.

Users who are viewing this thread