Opinions on build direction

TenaciousRock

Established Member
I'm looking for personal opinions on where to go with my build. I'm planning on getting a new dyno tune from Revolution Automotive in the fall, hoping to close in on 600rwhp 500+rwtq on the current setup but while it's there I'm thinking it might be a good time to do something or a few other things.

Current setup: 2014 GT auto w/ whiteline lower control arms, 18x10 wheels with 285s, VMP gen 2 stage 2 supercharger kit - 82mm pulley, 56# injectors, BAP, brisk plugs, JLT intake, Billet OPG and crank gear, GT500 mufflers. Everything else is stock.

As it sits on Revolution's dyno the car made 562/485 on 93 octane using the initial baseline tune VMP emailed me

I'm not just thinking about power mods, I'd like to optimize the tune while still having a safety net to ensure longevity and reliability. I'm considerng things like bigger brakes (car has the factory regular GT brakes, not Brembos), possibly suspension, fuel injectors, driveshaft etc. Just not sure how I would want to proceed or just get the tune and be done with it

noldevin

Established Member
I presume you're closed to Revolution if you were on their dyno. Honestly I'd do the 4 piston brembos, get yourself some springs and shocks designed for how you plan on driving the car, and talk to rev auto about the rest. They can get you over 600 easily.

TenaciousRock

Established Member
I presume you're closed to Revolution if you were on their dyno. Honestly I'd do the 4 piston brembos, get yourself some springs and shocks designed for how you plan on driving the car, and talk to rev auto about the rest. They can get you over 600 easily.

Thanks for the recommendation, yeah I'm roughly about 45 minutes out from them

noldevin

Established Member
Anything power related I'd hold off until you talk to them. It's always better to let your tuner help spec your build, instead of just showing up with a pile of random parts asking for a tune.

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
Save your money on a dyno tune and simply datalog the car and send it to VMP. Im fairly certain if you are running one of their base tunes they will adjust it for free. Use the 600 or so you save and put it towards suspension or brakes.

I have fairly basic suspension set up and i think it drives perfect on the street. GT500 upper strut mounts, KYB STR-T shocks, and Steeda Ultralites. Car ended up dropping about 1.25 in front and 1.5 in rear, conservative drop but perfect for driving around town. All this set up needs is some upgraded sway bars and it will be the perfect budget street suspension.

There is a thread on here that discusses where you can pick up some re-manufactured 4 pistons brake calipers cheap. These combined with the rotor/pad of your choice will be hard to beat price wise and will perform considerably better than your stock brakes. You can even have them powder coated and still be cheaper than purchasing some of the brake kits out there.

Famine

Established Member
Definitely go with the brembos and have them coated to your liking. OP, your build is somewhat like mine. I have all that plus, full suspension, and these brakes. koni yellows, ford k springs, bmr uca/lca/phb etc. Wish I had the auto now though.

20170203_161654_zpshdddewa6.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread