*** O'Reilly Full Synthetic Motor Oil ***

C O 13 R A

Crazy Arms
Established Member
O'Reilly Full Synthetic Motor Oil ??? <----Oil Tech GUYS!

O'Reilly Full Synthetic Motor Oil

Is this stuff any good?:dw: I mean it's hell'a cheap, $18 for 5qts and Mobil 1 Oil filter!

I DD my snake and for the most part keep it under 4500RPM on the streets.

Here's some Data for those with advanced lubricant knowledge if it would help:

http://www.oreillylubetech.com/PDS/Synthetic Multigrade.pdf

The company(s) that manufactures the oil:
Welcome to Omni Specialty Packaging
:: PureGuard - Quality Lubricants and Chemicals ::

Thanks in advance. :beer:

Edit: Most of this info I got from BITOG forum.

Last edited:

C O 13 R A

Crazy Arms
Established Member
Even at those Walrat prices, after 8qts + oil filter that would put the cashola +/-$60. At O'Reilly it's well under $25. I just would like to know from educated/experienced oil tech guys if the oil has premium qualities to it, or if it's "bottom of the barrel" :shrug: synthetics?

Last edited:

ksigatmsu7f02

Established Member
Without knowing more about the formula, which obviously isn't going to be something you will get access to it is hard to speak to the quality without insider information. That being said, it is more than likely the same base as any other generic synthetic oil and has similiar additives as any other synthetic oil. Is it the same as Mobil 1? No, else it would cost near the same. There is a reason why those high dollar synthetic oils are high dollar. They are made with high dollar researched additives that are proprietary to their brand.

I'm sure that it is a good quality synthetic as the company who is blending it for them is reputable in the petroleum products blending field and will be following a formula that I am sure either Oreilly's paid dearly for or a formula that is identical to another non-proprietary synthetic oil.

I would use it in a daily driver but not something that will spin to 6500 on a somewhat regalr basis.

2DXTRM

Pushrod 5.0
Established Member
Since it already has not been mentioned...

Check out the BITOG forums (Bob is the Oil Guy)...many discussions on oil and brands etc etc. LOTS of good information on there!

C O 13 R A

Crazy Arms
Established Member
I went down to check out the oil in person and I bought it. At worse it's better than conventional oil. It's advertised with good qualities on the packaging. No it's not Mobil1 quality but hell....I got 15qts and 3 Mobil1 Oil Filters for $59.22!

Chris _Scott

NA FTW
Established Member
7 quarts of Motorcraft fully synthetic oil and a motorcraft oil filter

Very cheap and works awesome. A lot cheaper than mobil one.

C O 13 R A

Crazy Arms
Established Member
Just thought I'd post more info.

IMG_0744.jpg

IMG_0739.jpg

IMG_0743.jpg

Chris _Scott

NA FTW
Established Member
yea.. ^^^^ that wouldn't get put into my car.

As someone mentioned before...It'd be fine for my DD

..but definitely not getting tossed into the the cobra.

edit: this is just my opinion..I do not know if there is an actual difference in quality..but it is cheap insurance for my motor.

Last edited:

C O 13 R A

Crazy Arms
Established Member
For the most part I run the oil to 3 months/3000k miles or as soon as I see it looking dark. Even when I used Mobil1, Royal Purple and all the other reputable brands I still changed it at the same intervals. I just come to realize that it's time to cut down on the expensive stuff since I normally don't hammer it at all. Occasional fwy on ramp pull but nothing too dangerous for me/others or the engine (4500-5000RPM max). I found new info of all places ----> Who makes O'Reilly's oil | Facebook

I most likely will be making another trip this weekend and get another 3 deals and stock up while it's still available so cheap. Reg price per quart is set at $5somethingish.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread