Paxton GT Running out of Fuel...

Gruca

Established Member
My car is a 2014 GT with a Paxton, ID1050x injectors, Vortech BAP, and now a brand new fuel pump. During data logging I'm going lean at 7,100 rpms. Short of replacing all the fuel lines, what's a good way to figure out why?

Background: The car has 16,000 miles on it, 10k of which were put on since I bought it on New year's Eve of 2016. So the previous owner only put on 6k miles over 3 years.

Gruca

Established Member
Who is your tuner? Also may be time for a fuel system.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just installed new pump this past weekend. An all new fuel system on a 600rwhp GT at 16k miles with 1050x injectors and a BAP? Mine should be able to handle that, don't you think?

Last edited:

Zemedici

Established Member
Shouldnt need more fuel....I'd check operation of the BAP and go from there. FWIW You can make 650+ on stock fuel systems with BAPs on 93 depending on boost application and a few other factors.

Gruca

Established Member
Shouldnt need more fuel....I'd check operation of the BAP and go from there. FWIW You can make 650+ on stock fuel systems with BAPs on 93 depending on boost application and a few other factors.

After reading another thread, I'm thinking it may be the BAP and something with the Hobbs switch. It's a guess for sure, so I need to go home and verify. Another member was having BAP issues that caused his voltage to read low, go lean at the top of the rpms, and gave him a slight hesitation at 2/3ish throttle, which is exactly what I'm experiencing. Hopefully it's just that and I can correct it and try again.

Zemedici

Established Member
After reading another thread, I'm thinking it may be the BAP and something with the Hobbs switch. It's a guess for sure, so I need to go home and verify. Another member was having BAP issues that caused his voltage to read low, go lean at the top of the rpms, and gave him a slight hesitation at 2/3ish throttle, which is exactly what I'm experiencing. Hopefully it's just that and I can correct it and try again.

yessir sounds spot on. Check it out and let us know what ya find!

Gruca

Established Member
Is there an easy to check the voltage with it in the car? I'm failing at Google on this one...

Gruca

Established Member
Ok, so I figured out the voltage part...now I'm stuck on where the heck the Hobbs Switch is...

TTUhouston

Mechanical Engineer
Established Member
Pretty sure you can datalog voltage to fuel pump. Should be 18v at all rpms if you have the vortech like me. I bet you wired it wrong. It was pretty confusing the wiring diagrams I got at the time because there are so many different ways to wire it. The summary if I remember correctly is just wire the bap in line with the main fuel pump wire.

Sent from my SM-G930P using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Gruca

Established Member
Pretty sure you can datalog voltage to fuel pump. Should be 18v at all rpms if you have the vortech like me. I bet you wired it wrong. It was pretty confusing the wiring diagrams I got at the time because there are so many different ways to wire it. The summary if I remember correctly is just wire the bap in line with the main fuel pump wire.

Sent from my SM-G930P using the svtperformance.com mobile app

This is what I'm testing next. The installer hooked the battery wire and the 16 gauge wire to the wire that was cut from the harness in the trunk, instead of running the battery wire to the battery. The plan is to run a wire to the battery and test the voltage to see if it changes.

Gruca

Established Member
It was wired wrong. The wire that was supposed to get taped off was instead connected to the wire coming from the harness...I cut that and instantly was at 17.7v.

Users who are viewing this thread