Pedal Stuck Under Carpet...PLEASE READ!!!

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
I went to the local Ford dealer today and he ran my vin through the TSB program, said there was no issue with the carpet/pedal. I printed this letter and will go back and let him know it's a safety recall and not a TSB.

Glad I could help :beer:

ShortThrow50

Always buyin cheap tires
Established Member
My pedal got stuck on my 92 toyota tercel 1.6 liter while doing a WOT 0-180 mph run. I shut the key off and pushed in the clutch and hit the brake. I also took a shit on the window. You guys are rookies

cobrakidz

High mileage R
Established Member
If you don't want the service department to touch your car, go to the parts counter and ask for part # 3R3Z130B59A. It is $15 and you can bolt it on yourself.
will they give me the part per the safety recall or do they have to install it too? I finally got the recall number from the previous owner, going to Ford again, it's so hard to go when they have the same hours as me.

blacksvtcobra97

Established Member
Wow, I had no idea about this. I just purchased a totally stock (down to the tires) '03 Cobra 10th Anniversary with only 3000 miles on it so I'm sure this hasn't been done. I'm calling my local ford dealership to get this done this week!

mr.magic

Established Member
Just called my local Ford stealership regarding the accelerator pedal recall at which point the "service adviser" ran my Vin and stated no recalls were due. He also stated "I've never heard of this recall can you get me the action number?" I told him no prob and when I got it then could I then bring the car in and get it done? He then responded with "Nope". When asked why he simply replied with "Your car has no pending recalls in our system". WTF!:dw:

Emil

Established Member
Just called my local Ford stealership regarding the accelerator pedal recall at which point the "service adviser" ran my Vin and stated no recalls were due. He also stated "I've never heard of this recall can you get me the action number?" I told him no prob and when I got it then could I then bring the car in and get it done? He then responded with "Nope". When asked why he simply replied with "Your car has no pending recalls in our system". WTF!:dw:
Are you the original owner?
Has the recall be done already?
Is there a metal plate holding down the carpet under the accelerator?

mr.magic

Established Member
No. No. Nope. I'm just going to buy the plate(# 3R3Z130B59A) and be done with it. I even called back and gave the NHTSA # EA05014 and Ford recall # 06S43 with no bite.

Emil

Established Member
No. No. Nope. I'm just going to buy the plate(# 3R3Z130B59A) and be done with it. I even called back and gave the NHTSA # EA05014 and Ford recall # 06S43 with no bite.
Sounds like the smart thing to do and you may consider looking for another dealer too!

ilovespeed

Established Member

:nonono: When I took mine in for a oil change, they spotted the recall and set up an appointment for me to come back and have it done. This was a couple months ago. Hell, if you want to throw it in their face I can email you a copy of the report and receipt of the recall work. Just let me know :thumbsup:

mr.magic

Established Member
I actually went down to ford last Friday and talked to another service advisor and he looked up the recall. The problem is it's not listed under my vin ergo they will not do it unless I pay to have it done. I can only assume my car has fallen through the cracks during the multiple changing of hands. I think I'm the 7th owner.

V6&V8SHO

Established Member
Take a look at 99-01 Cobra throttle bodies. Notice the auxiliary spring providing additional tension on the gas pedal.
p53347_large+2001_Ford_SVT_Mustang_cobra+Engine_View.jpg

Look at the 03-04 Cobra throttle body. No more additional spring. Although they did add a higher tension spring for the TB it was not the same force as the 99-01 dual spring.
112_0306_Speeding_Shootout_2003_Ford_Mustang_SVT_Cobra_z_2003_Ford_Mustang_SVT_Cobra_Engine.jpg

There is less effort required to push down and 03-04 Cobra gas pedal vs the 99-01 gas pedal because of the spring change on the TB.

I never had a carpet issue until I swapped to an 03-04 Cobra throttle body for my eaton swap. The extra tension provided on the 99-01 set up had enough strength to pull it off the floor.

This is just my observation.

Last edited:

mr.magic

Established Member
Well just are wrecked my car due to a f***n stuck throttle. Not 100% if it was from the carpet or not but I gave her a quick hit in second lifted and she just kept on going, attempted to dodge a car and sent her on a wild spin/ride I didn't recover from That end up tearing out the entire rear end. Check above a few post for a bit of history on why I don't have the recall and do I have a leg to stand on for a suit?

2003snake

Established Member
I have a few of the plates if anyone is interested...they keep the carpet down...feel free to send me a PM

Taylor_SVT

Is that a Phantom nicka?
Established Member
This has happened to me aswell! Luckily it was just in my sixer and not the cobra it didn't have the power to take off on me too bad! Scared the shit outta me though

cobra04972tx1

HP, U CAN'T HAVE 2 MUCH
Established Member
Well just are wrecked my car due to a f***n stuck throttle. Not 100% if it was from the carpet or not but I gave her a quick hit in second lifted and she just kept on going, attempted to dodge a car and sent her on a wild spin/ride I didn't recover from That end up tearing out the entire rear end. Check above a few post for a bit of history on why I don't have the recall and do I have a leg to stand on for a suit?

Hey I have a 2004 with 60K on it for sale for $23K if you are interested

Users who are viewing this thread