Performance suspension

MigoGt

Established Member
I got a question about suspension. So I been looking for a good suspension for my car and it's very hard to choose for good performance and bang for your buck. I'm currently working for a whipple blower. on my car got exhaust and headers. My car driven every other day just street wise. I want suspension for a smooth ride of course,dropping anywhere 1" to 1.5", and handle wise to.. I want to at least take corners.
Please and thank you

Mojo88

"Hammer" Time
Established Member
Good luck in your search...... "smooth ride" and "performance suspension" are not synonymous IMO, haha. And therein lies one of the oldest problems in automotive design. Although I will say that I have had two late model Corvettes (C5 and a C6) recently and they both rode very nicely and handled perfectly. My current ride is Roush Mustang and it handles great, but rides like a tank, LOL.

Recon

Established Member
He has Roush suspension. His ride quality is most likely due to his 20in wheels. Being my Roush rides just fine in my opinion, with 18in wheels and the same suspension; when my set up was stock at least.

Mojo88

"Hammer" Time
Established Member
He has Roush suspension. His ride quality is most likely due to his 20in wheels.......

Yeah, Roush suspension. I too believe the 20" wheels are hurting my ride quality. But it continues to amaze me how many folks now run 20" wheels. They DO look nice, but they definitely make for a harsher ride.

Famine

Established Member
Basically, he is looking for a setup that will improve the handling of his car if he wanted to autox it or whatever, while at the same time not having to pay for it driving it to and from work. The frpp kits are great options. I picked and chose what i wanted with mine. Bmr has always made freat parts as well as koni. I went koni struts, frpp k springs, gt500 tophats up front, bmr lcas, bmr uca, bmr panhard bar. Obviously mine is an s197, but the same build quality applies.

Does anyone know of a listing of different spring rates by company for springs? What spring rate should he target for his goals?

Sent from my SM-G920V using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread