Phelps vs shark or man eaten by snake?

Lundy37

lundy
Established Member
Ok, what was more miss leading by the discovery channel. Phelps " racing a shark" or that dude that was supposedly going to be eaten by a anaconda few years back?

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
I guess I missed the "hype" over this one. Saw a minor excerpt this morning on the news about it.

OT:
I barely watch discovery, history channel and nat geo among others. Sad that these channels are moving away from their roots into these BS programs/reality crap.

Silverstrike

It's to big to move FAST!
Established Member
They put him in a fancy wet suit and a fin and he complained it was too cold and so he lost. He also got a swimmers start jumping off the boat. Where the shark was at a stand still. It's like a dig race and your opponent has a rolling start.

That and the shark was completely fake and not even beside him like Discovery wanted you to believe.

PaxtonShelby

iamdrab
Established Member
Whole thing was a dumb idea. No way was he going to put himself in danger. Would you swim with a great white? Hell no! Public is a little too gullible if they thought this was going to be MP and Jaws side-by-side in a friendly race.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Whole thing was a dumb idea. No way was he going to put himself in danger. Would you swim with a great white? Hell no! Public is a little too gullible if they thought this was going to be MP and Jaws side-by-side in a friendly race.

Yeah the mere notion is absurd. DSC is quite literally jumping the shark with this bullshit.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Discovery hasn't put out any new shows with real information about sharks in years. Shark week has just become another scifi channel basically. I don't know i'll ever truly believe what discovery tries to put out anymore.

08mojo

Established Member
Hopefully this is the end of 'shark week,' it's run its course by now and they are obviously out of ideas.

32ValveRom

Don't mess with Teksids
Established Member
He just swam with a cgi shark next to him. They say he swims with a max speed of 6 mph whereas a Great White moves at over 25 mph. So the whole thing was just hype to get viewers to tune in, which it did.

I don't remember how the anaconda thing turned out but the Phelps vs Shark thing is comparable to McGregor Mayweather. Hype it up as much as you can despite the fact that one has a significant advantage.

Lundy37

lundy
Established Member
He just swam with a cgi shark next to him. They say he swims with a max speed of 6 mph whereas a Great White moves at over 25 mph. So the whole thing was just hype to get viewers to tune in, which it did.

I don't remember how the anaconda thing turned out but the Phelps vs Shark thing is comparable to McGregor Mayweather. Hype it up as much as you can despite the fact that one has a significant advantage.
the anaconda show was 3 hours long. and he didn't even attempt it until 2 hours and 50 min into the show.and then the snake didn't even eat him.

Users who are viewing this thread