Picking a new set of rims.

T3naci0usT

Terminator Lover
Established Member
Im torn between Rovos Pretorias (Gloss Black or Gunmetal) or Forgestar F14s (Bronze Burst)

I was wondering what your experiences with these rims are, and your opinions are.

Thanks

T3naci0usT

Terminator Lover
Established Member
Yeah. That might be helpful. Lol
6308576b3f575f75a_20160622214559.jpg
Bronze Burst Forgestars
wk-074423sb_1892.jpg
Rovos

Zemedici

Established Member
I'd go with forgestar as it seems everyone and their mother puts Rovos on these cars

Can you get Forgestars in an 18?

T3naci0usT

Terminator Lover
Established Member
Yeah they don't come in a 17 actually. I am just not sure about bronze on a TR. What do you guys think?

Franco

Established Member
Forgestars ftw. Not a fan of rovos at all. Plus from what I heard forgestars are a quality wheel

T3naci0usT

Terminator Lover
Established Member
Yeah I have heard that as well. I am looking for something that won't break the bank, but is lighter, and a little different from my current 03 replicas.

NateDogg

Terminator
Established Member
Maybe its personal preference, but I dont like either of those without a deep dish... kinda seems like the poke out too far.

I guess I'd have to see them on the car and in person. Out of the two pictures you posted, I prefer the top.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Ugh is this black wheel trend ever going to end? I see all these new cars on the dealer lot with them too.

I think it works on certain colors. But some like redfire metallic or sonic blue end up making the paint look dull if that makes sense.

T3naci0usT

Terminator Lover
Established Member
I actually wasn't going to go with a gloss black wheel again. I have that right now, and I want something different it was just as an example. Also, sounds like you are in it for the long haul buddy. :)

Iamchris

Shakey Snake
Established Member
Hmm, I have always thought black on sonic blue looks better than chrome.
As far as those two wheels, I think the first pic looks better.

I would stick with something typical though, honestly either Saleen or Cobra for an 03.

Unless you step up to forged wheels, then any of the mainstays. I love the way CCW classics look on a Mustang but they suck to clean. A nice 5 spoke would be better.

JeremyAlan

Naked SVT Poster
Established Member
OP- to answer your earlier question: I think bronze on TR would be a perfect match. Here they are on a Nissan.

Edit- those are super dished in the rear too

e339dbef71dff23a8e0344e09c784ef7.jpeg

bb9d9e6a672f724836bd4e930bb802fd.jpeg

cada2cf07508dfcec92eace4ca5aec2a.jpeg

fitforspeed

Established Member
The Forgestar wheels are a great wheel. I have a set of the F-14's in piano black on my 03. I originally had them done in gunmetal, but once I got them on the car the color just didn't wow me. So I had them redone in the gloss black, much better! I've been considering selling them. They are 19x11 +26 offset deep concave and 19x9.5 deep concave +26 offset. Tires are Yokohama Advan Ado8r's 295/30/19 and 255/35/19 nitrogen filled. Also have 2 17x10 F-14's in the same gloss black mounted with Hoosier 28/10/17's for Dragstrip use. Whole setup is mint. Less than 500 miles on the street setup, and probably no more than 10 passes on the Hoosiers. If interested I can send pics.

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
Unless you step up to forged wheels, then any of the mainstays. I love the way CCW classics look on a Mustang but they suck to clean. A nice 5 spoke would be better.

You can have the CCW and a 5 spoke.....of course, I don't know if I'd ever categorize these as "easy" to clean/polish, but I do suppose they're easier than the classics LOL

IMG_0227.JPG

3xBlackCobra

Established Member
I have the Rovos Pretoria in satin black. I only bought them because every wheel I wanted was on backorder, or they were forged and simply out of my price range. They look a little weird in pictures, but in real life i've grown to really like these wheels. I've gotten a few compliments on them, and I haven't had them on the car for very long. The quality seems good so far.

I'll post some pics below

Users who are viewing this thread