PMAS Install

ajr2409

Established Member
Hey guys, I'm needing a little help here. I'm going to be installing my PMAS intake on my 09 GT500 soon, but I can't seem to find any installation instructions. I know it's just an intake and I'm sure I can figure it out, but I'd love to see a write up or some official instructions from PMAS. After Googling and a search here on the forum, I'm still coming up empty handed. Can somebody point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

RBB

Established Member
Hey guys, I'm needing a little help here. I'm going to be installing my PMAS intake on my 09 GT500 soon, but I can't seem to find any installation instructions. I know it's just an intake and I'm sure I can figure it out, but I'd love to see a write up or some official instructions from PMAS. After Googling and a search here on the forum, I'm still coming up empty handed. Can somebody point me in the right direction?

Thanks!
I don't think they have any instructions. Remove the stock heat shield and transfer the mounting grommet over to the PMAS heat shield. Install that and transfer the MAF sensor over to you new tube. The tube and filter bolt right up, same as the stock setup. Not much to it, what other questions do you have?

sleek98

Established Member
I find it easier to install the upper tube first, so I can stick my hand up there to get the upper coupler on the throttle body. Then install the MAF housing, then install the filter.

Its super easy.

Mbiro594

Established Member
Isn’t this very comparable to the JLT intake install? If so they have a great video up on YouTube about it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ajr2409

Established Member
The biggest question I had was which coupler went on which end of the tube. I called PMAS and the tech guy I talked to was "pretty sure" that the longer coupler attached to the throttle body.

RBB

Established Member
The biggest question I had was which coupler went on which end of the tube. I called PMAS and the tech guy I talked to was "pretty sure" that the longer coupler attached to the throttle body.
I've got one that I haven't installed yet, but I think he's got it backwards. Long coupler at the filter. Take a look @2011 gtcs thread in the 13-14 section.

ajr2409

Established Member
Thanks, RBB! Just waiting on my Lund tune and it will be install day for the Ngauge, 2.5 pulley, and PMAS. I'll try to post some pics when I'm done.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
I've got one that I haven't installed yet, but I think he's got it backwards. Long coupler at the filter. Take a look @2011 gtcs thread in the 13-14 section.
I actually had it wrong, this is how it should look
37358963705_18af394c0b_c.jpg

ajr2409

Established Member
@usafimj here are a few tips I learned along the way today.

1. Remove strut tower brace just to give you some extra room to work.

2. When you unbolt your stock air box from the body, there is a rubber grommet that you will need to remove from the bolt hole and insert into the hole in the bottom of the new heat shield. I found that it was a lot easier to get it onto the heat shield by trimming some material off the bottom with a razor blade. I didn't think to take any pics but, you'll see what I mean.

3. After trying every way except the easy way, I have come to the conclusion that it is much easier to attach the couplers to the intake tube and then attach the tube is a whole to the throttle body. The couplers are annoying to get onto the tube. Cuss a few times and they'll go right on. The coupler will slip over the throttle body with ease. And yes, long coupler goes towards the top.

4. Unplug your MAF and install it in the housing before attaching the housing to the intake tube. Not sure why I didn't do this from the get go. That bottom screw is hard to start when everything is in place.

5. Enjoy. To be honest, I don't find this to be a particularly good looking intake(compared to the JLT, which I prefer visually) but I've heard that Lund (my tuner) had a lot of good things to say about these as opposed to JLT. So far so good, tune and pulley installed as well and it feels like a whole new car!

Users who are viewing this thread