Pmas

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I have a badass 149mm unit here I was hoping to head-to-head against my 155mm JLT.
I've heard conflicting reports, so I want to test myself but it'll have to wait to fall.
Would also like to hear if anyone is having benefits with them?
-J

cobra1718

Established Member
I have one installed on my car. Just recently changed the upper pulley to the 2.4. No issues with it. No benefit with this intake other than some price break. Fits well just not a fan of the way the filter bolts up with the fairly long bolts visible (which I cut) to make it look cleaner

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
What options do they have for MAF sizes? I have seen the 120mm and the 149mm, is there any other sizes?

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
I have one installed on my car. Just recently changed the upper pulley to the 2.4. No issues with it. No benefit with this intake other than some price break. Fits well just not a fan of the way the filter bolts up with the fairly long bolts visible (which I cut) to make it look cleaner

I have one installed as well. That intake's benefit is it has the cleanest MAF signal your ECU will get, short of a Ford Racing MAF housing. You fuel trims will be much more accurate. More accurate fuel trims mean more accurate tune. More accurate tune means more power potential.

Their current pricing reflects their newness into the market. Give it a year or two and the price of their kit will be up near their competition. That setup is easily worth $400 for what you get (what you give youre tuner to work with).

I had a rather common brand intake on my car. Im happy I made the switch no doubt about it.

RBB

Established Member
I have one installed as well. That intake's benefit is it has the cleanest MAF signal your ECU will get, short of a Ford Racing MAF housing. You fuel trims will be much more accurate. More accurate fuel trims mean more accurate tune. More accurate tune means more power potential.

Their current pricing reflects their newness into the market. Give it a year or two and the price of their kit will be up near their competition. That setup is easily worth $400 for what you get (what you give youre tuner to work with).

I had a rather common brand intake on my car. Im happy I made the switch no doubt about it.
I switched over to a PMAS for this same reason. My tuner seemed happy with the switch as well....said these things are so much easier to tune than the competition, much more consistent.

02GTKB

Nolimits
Established Member
I am interested in this intake as well..how much bigger and better is it for my kenne bell 3.6 setup? Obviously I have the Gimme 5" but would the 155mm or 149mm be better for me?

RBB

Established Member
Alex from VMP just posted this video up last night. Pretty impressive gains from changing nothing but the intake. I've got a PMAS 120 sitting on the shelf right now, ready to replace my JLT 127 this fall. This is making me think I should sell it and go straight to the DD149.

Last edited:

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Alex from VMP just posted this video up last night. Pretty impressive gains from changing nothing but the intake. I've got a PMAS 120 sitting on the shelf right now, ready to replace my JLT 127 this fall. This is making me think I should sell it and go straight to the DD149.

So my tuner was being a p***y :) or else I would have had a direct comparison on this PMAS 149 vs my JLT 155.
On a 965rwhp combo I was hopeful for at least 15rwhp if indeed there's a signal improvement. I'll get a direct back-to-back in the fall.
-J

Jam421

Jam421
Established Member
I just purchased the PBH package for my '13 which includes KB 168 Mono Blade + XBA O-Sized plenum (made by BPS w/KB bolt pattern) but what steered me away from the 149PMAS was no tube. I didn't know how to contact 1320Junkie so I included the JLT 148 CAI with the kit. All will be Lund tuned.
I hesitated on the JLT148 but Lund assured he can dial it all in although he did prefer the PMAS . But again the PMAS was cited as easier for precise dial in.

I'm told 15-20 with the KB mono + additional 8-10 with the larger CAI on this combo for my set up which is 680rwhp on 410 gears. I was told by PBH/Lethal & JLT that cars picking up 15rw on CAI alone are usually at 800rwhp to begin with. That's why I was estimated at 8-10.

My JLT arrives separately so I'd consider return/replace with the PMAS.
I liked in the video that the AL section was black in color. I wasn't 100% keen on the AL look in the middle of all that black.
How much does JLT dislike PMAS ? Here's a website vid dyno 1:1.
https://www.jlttruecoldair.com/ZenCart/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=1162

RBB

Established Member
I just purchased the PBH package for my '13 which includes KB 168 Mono Blade + XBA O-Sized plenum (made by BPS w/KB bolt pattern) but what steered me away from the 149PMAS was no tube. I didn't know how to contact 1320Junkie so I included the JLT 148 CAI with the kit. All will be Lund tuned.
I hesitated on the JLT148 but Lund assured he can dial it all in although he did prefer the PMAS . But again the PMAS was cited as easier for precise dial in.

I'm told 15-20 with the KB mono + additional 8-10 with the larger CAI on this combo for my set up which is 680rwhp on 410 gears. I was told by PBH/Lethal & JLT that cars picking up 15rw on CAI alone are usually at 800rwhp to begin with. That's why I was estimated at 8-10.

I liked in the video that the AL section was black in color. I wasn't 100% keen on the AL look in the middle of all that black.
https://www.jlttruecoldair.com/ZenCart/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=1162
I'd return it and get the PMAS. I was in contact with Jason a couple weeks ago about a lower intake manifold port.

Last edited by a moderator:

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member

When I met Lund at NMRA Norwalk 2 years in a row, he personally tuned my car at the track and by the second year he had a JLT 148 and I had a JLT 155. The 155 is just a Carbon Fiber version of the 148.
At that time the JLT 148 was his go to for big power cars.
Now, the PMAS wasn't an option then but is now, so maybe he likes it more.
If you have bought a 148, I personally would return it and go with the PMAS 149. You'll need to contact Jason T. (1320 Junkie) directly, but he's the only option other than fabbing your own tube to connect TB to 149 meter.
Honestly it's not too difficult but Jason has a known working product, so convenience there.
Message him through here, PM me if you need info.
-J

Last edited by a moderator:

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I am interested in this intake as well..how much bigger and better is it for my kenne bell 3.6 setup? Obviously I have the Gimme 5" but would the 155mm or 149mm be better for me?
Not worth it in my opinion, keep the Gimme 5"
-J

Users who are viewing this thread