Polished Ford Racing Whipple Opinions

Jdm351

Established Member
any opinions on this kit? Actual driving impressions and drag strip results? Super cheap right now so I ordered it. M-6066-MGT624PD. I know the ford racing tune is soft. I think I may get an AED tune to compliment it, but otherwise hoping to use it as is.

milas

Established Member
I got it for ~$4500 shipped. With a Roush CAI and long tubes on a 2014 GT, I'm getting 533 RWHP, good torque curve too. It's a fun ride, I recommend it for the price with a stock engine.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Jdm351

Established Member
I got it for ~$4500 shipped. With a Roush CAI and long tubes on a 2014 GT, I'm getting 533 RWHP, good torque curve too. It's a fun ride, I recommend it for the price with a stock engine.

Where did you get it for that low?

Jdm351

Established Member
and I "got it" for $4830 shipped, then they called me and said they are out of stock. So I don't have squat.

milas

Established Member
I got it at Levittown Ford's website, but they don't seem to have it anymore. I see them on eBay now and then too.

KG145.0

Established Member
I have the polished whipple kit I bought several years ago..AED tuned it for me runs great and it's not hard to keep it looking good at least where I live.

Paul.

Established Member
By comparison, my 2.9L Stage 3 Whipple front-feed was over eight grand with all the options. While it makes more power, it is tough to get the kind of bang for your buck and OEM style fit and finish for what you spent. Great find. Hope you get it.

Paul.

Jdm351

Established Member
By comparison, my 2.9L Stage 3 Whipple front-feed was over eight grand with all the options. While it makes more power, it is tough to get the kind of bang for your buck and OEM style fit and finish for what you spent. Great find. Hope you get it.

Paul.
Got confirmation this morning that the kit is shipping today. I saw the price drop for this specific part a couple months ago and was shocked. Had to verify PN and check every site I could. Anyway, finally got wife approval last week and pulled the trigger just to find out they were were no longer available for anyone set up for drop ship from Ford Racing(I was rejected twice after placing the order and paying). Glad I found one in Virginia and will have it on Friday. Super excited!

RUgoinup?

We will NEVER forget!
Established Member
Congrats! Took a while for me to get wife approval as well. Just waiting on mine to arrive now.

ricardoa1

Established Member
Ive been sitting on my black kit, for about a year. I got it as Shelby cars liquidation when they stopped fitting them them to the 2014 gt350s. I got it for $4700 shipped with no calibrator. I wanted black tho polished is not my style. So good job grabbing one at a great price. I got a roush intake and a smaller pulley. If i had the calibrator i would have done the install, but shelling out another 700 for a tune and sct is holding me back. I dont know who to use that would yield the best results, I want 600whp but i know thats dreaming a bit unless i do full exhaust and bigger TB.

Sent from my SM-G920T using the svtperformance.com mobile app

gt5.0coyote

Established Member
Oh wow that is super cheap lol. Would the 47lb injectors be too small for longtubes, cai, and a lund tune as the only mods? Got me thinkin now lol

milas

Established Member
Oh wow that is super cheap lol. Would the 47lb injectors be too small for longtubes, cai, and a lund tune as the only mods? Got me thinkin now lol
That's basically what I had for engine and exhaust, and the 47lb injectors seem to be working great, just need to get the right tune to go with it. I'm using VMP.

gt5.0coyote

Established Member
That's basically what I had for engine and exhaust, and the 47lb injectors seem to be working great, just need to get the right tune to go with it. I'm using VMP.

Awesome brother!! I'm assuming you are on a bap also? This is a really nice kt and the price is just WOW!!

milas

Established Member
Awesome brother!! I'm assuming you are on a bap also? This is a really nice kt and the price is just WOW!!
No BAP, just the 47lb injectors, and still running good with a 67mm VMP throttle body and Roush 110mm CAI.

Users who are viewing this thread