Polished Shelby Venice Wheels

HooperWest

DECIDER
Established Member

The quality and attention to detail WELD applied to their Venice Wheel, is exemplary. Very impressed with mine. Going to run Michelin Sport Cup 2s 265-35-20 F and 305-30-20 R.

Very quick carefully packed shipping from Shelby too!
I got mine when the released the first batch @ $1399 but I see now they have added on $100 and they are now $1499, still a steal for this level of wheel.

Last edited:

svt662

Established Member
With these Shelby Venice wheels 20 10.5 and 20 9.5 I'm thinking of the New 4S in a 305/30/20 rear 275/35/20 front or the SS tire in a 295/35/20 Ferrari rear 275/35/20 front. What do you think about these tire sizes? Thanks!

Last edited:

HooperWest

DECIDER
Established Member
With these Shelby Venice wheels 20 10.5 and 20 9.5 I'm thinking of the New 4S in a 305/30/20 rear 275/35/20 front or the SS tire in a 295/35/20 Ferrari rear 275/35/20 front. What do you think about these tire sizes? Thanks!

The only "4S" I know of is the Hankook, which is an All-season tire, if this is what you have in mind, that would not be a tire I would consider.

An all-season tire on a GT500, is absurd.

If the SS is a reference to the Pilot SuperSport, that is a quality choice, I have these tires on my Alcoa Wheels and it is the best tire selection I have had thus far on the GT500 for the street.

For the Venice Wheels, I have decided on the Pilot Sport Cup 2.
I went with the 265-35-20F and a 305-30-20R.

svt662

Established Member
You don't think a 305/30/20 is going to look short? I wil use a 275/35/20 for the front but I'm not 100% for the rears. I hope some people will post photo's of their new Venice wheels with tire packages! Also thinking of 295/35/20

Last edited:

paluka21

Established Member
You don't think a 305/30/20 is going to look short? I wil use a 275/35/20 for the front but I'm not 100% for the rears. I hope some people will post photo's of their new Venice wheels with tire packages! Also thinking of 295/35/20

You'll need lowering springs to compensate for the shorter tire height. Or else it will look like an off-road car.

svt662

Established Member
Do you think a Mich Pilot 295/35/20 would be a better choice? The height is close to factory. Thank you!

svt662

Established Member
After lots of research l'm still trying to find the perfect setup for these Venice wheels
Is anyone running a Pilot SS in a 295/35/20 and a 285/35/20 on the front? I see a lot of people with the 275/35/20 for the front. The guys that have purchased these wheels have you decided on tire sizes etc? Thanks!

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
After lots of research l'm still trying to find the perfect setup for these Venice wheels
Is anyone running a Pilot SS in a 295/35/20 and a 285/35/20 on the front? I see a lot of people with the 275/35/20 for the front. The guys that have purchased these wheels have you decided on tire sizes etc? Thanks!

Your sidewalls aren't going to look right. Think about it. Front is 9.5 and rear is 10.5 but you are putting almost the same size on each end. Go the 275/35 front and it should look good.

Tom

Ohio Snake

Established Member
Your sidewalls aren't going to look right. Think about it. Front is 9.5 and rear is 10.5 but you are putting almost the same size on each end. Go the 275/35 front and it should look good.

Tom

Im running 285 up front and 305 out back which look perfect. Not too big or too small.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

svt662

Established Member
Just got my polished wheels one day ago and every box was opened, Missing two center caps and one box had a return label on it! Every wheel had a mark as in damage to it, Tires and sensors had to be canceled and had to pay for shipping cost! I emailed them to see if they could send my another set? It took some time and some emails but they ended up sending me another set that I'm waiting for at this time. When you buy something on EBay that has a return policy this is a chance you take when the buyer takes the product out of the box. There is always the chance of some type of damage or even missing items that can happen! As far as the wheels go they are more Beautiful in person and you need to be Crazy not to buy a set if you are in the market for wheels.....Updated Post

Last edited:

paluka21

Established Member
662-

That really sucks and is unfortunate you have to go through this for a new set of wheels you purchased. Does it appear to be a problem with the packing quality of the wheels or were they simply damaged?
I would give them the opportunity to make this situation right as much as it sucks having to wait for that process to take place.
Hope it works out.

svt662

Established Member
662-

That really sucks and is unfortunate you have to go through this for a new set of wheels you purchased. Does it appear to be a problem with the packing quality of the wheels or were they simply damaged?
I would give them the opportunity to make this situation right as much as it sucks having to wait for that process to take place.
Hope it works out.
Ya, It really sucks when you order Mich SS tires and OEM sensors and get wheels that are damaged and have to Return the wheels with all 4 boxes opened and center caps missing! These wheels had damage before shipping! I asked if they could send me a Brand New set and got no response but a refund! If you purchase a set of these wheels in perfect condition you got one hell of a deal because they are nice! Update ......They just emailed me and said that the was last set sold but I just checked eBay and they have two sets listed? I even offered them more money for perfect set! Looks like I will keeping my stock wheels WTF..........
I wish I had taken some photos to post but I was so mad i sent them back ASAP.
Update....Finally sending me another set!

Last edited:

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
That is unfortunate to hear. I was missing two center caps. The rims I received were polished and there were some small imperfections, if I looked super close and got anal, but from 5' away, they look awesome. I'm not complaining for the price I paid. And, you are going to get some road damage if you drive your car. If you do the show scene and not much driving, then them may not be worth it.

Tom

svt662

Established Member
Tom I understand what you are saying and they would be used for shows and I don't drive this vehicle much at all but back to wheels, One wheel looked really goood until inspecting it and found marks light scratches ect. The second wheel finish was dull and the inside looked like it had stains from a cleaner at point I looked at the third wheel and looked like someone dropped it with damage to the lip wheel 4 also far from perfect. All boxes were already opened and I'm 100% that these were returns and maybe sent back. SA sent me another set!

Last edited:

svt662

Established Member
where did you order these from? SA?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Purchased from SA on EBay! I wish they would send me another set but told me they are sold out..... But 2 sets are on EBay right now! How are they sold out? Just emailed and called them again, No response WTF !!! Shouldn't they send me a replacement set of wheels? If they send me another set un-opened as New I would be very happy but after purchasing lots of different items from SA and they are not doing nothing at all and gave I them a Great Feedback I just don't get it! If something doesn't happen soon these guys down right suck to do business with! Read the ad about customer satisfaction Ya Right !!! Finally sending me another set..

Last edited:

Snoopy49

Established Member
Purchased from SA on EBay! I wish they would send me another set but told me they are sold out..... But 2 sets are on EBay right now! How are they sold out?

After receiving your set, there will be 3 sets for sale on eBay.

Users who are viewing this thread