positive I was going to get a ticket......but didn't

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Choosing to fight a ticket in court can definitely be a gamble. Old Kenny Rogers said it best.
upload_2018-2-19_7-34-38.jpeg

Bill@HPTuners

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I've fought every ticket I've ever gotten and either had them dropped totally or dropped down to a non points ticket for roughly the same $.

Funny/sad story, my wife was running late to get to training at her job that was longer than her normal drive to work, mind you she typically drives like an old lady on the road ie 54 in a 55 hwy, etc. This day she decided she wanted to make it on time, gets pulled over speeding, gets a ticket from the cop(her first ticket ever) for speeding and she was late to training.

I told her to fight it to at least get it dropped down like I had done in the past, fast forward to her court date we get there and wait and wait and wait, 6hrs there maybe and the prosecutor pulls us into his office something like "Did you hear about the plane that recently crashed in xx town?" and I'm giggling waiting to hear a punch line...well there was no punch line... turned out the police officer died in the crash, obviously couldn't testify so they had to drop the charge.

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Attitude goes a LONG way...... Being Military didn't hurt and her being a car enthusiast surely didn't hurt either but I've stopped plenty of ppl with good attitudes and fast cars that got ticketed.

Although I must say I can't remember ever writing a ticket to one who was in our Military.

We all know Cops don't write other Cops tickets and being in the Military isn't quite "Being a cop" obviously but imo since their putting their ass on the line for my "Freedom" to actually be a Cop I always extend them the same curtesy I give law enforcement.

One thing I have often done when running Laser for example is if I pull u over in a particular area for speeding and ur attitude is good, all ur paperwork is in order and ur speed wasn't outrageous then I often say this "I will cut u lose today with a verbal warning on one condition..... and that is u have to promise to never speed thru THIS exact area again".

I go on to say I know its not reasonable to ask u to never speed again cause we all know thats not gonna happen but if u slow ur vehicle down to no more +5 mph over the speed limit from that street to this street for example u will get off today with a warning. I have a little book I bring out and write their name in it to make it look official and explain if I stop u again for speeding thru here there will be no brakes and I will know cause I wrote ur name down right here lol

Of course everyone says yes Officer of course I will lol and the funny thing is I seen a woman on a call a couple years after I stopped her apparently a couple years earlier and she stated Officer do u remember me? I politely stated no ma'am I'm sorry I don't.

She went on to say u gave me a break for speeding one day and to this day I NEVER speed thru that area u stopped me in. u gave me a warning and I promised myself to never speed thru that exact area again and I laughed and stated well thank u I appreciate that.

Now THAT approach imo is FAR more effective then writing someone a ticket that day.

Users who are viewing this thread