Post most recent pics of your '13-14 GT500

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
BC, are your header's wrapped? Trying to make out what that is in your undercar photo.

Bad Company

Established Member
BC, are your header's wrapped? Trying to make out what that is in your undercar photo.
LOL....I was wondering if anybody would notice that.

The headers are a slightly different design and I didn't want anybody to see them.....(joking) LOL

The header is a custom set by American Racing Headers. What is custom about them? They're the standard 2" primary tube with a 4" collector, instead of their standard upgrade of a 3.5" collector. This is the main reason I went with an H-pipe over the X-Pipe I originally wanted. An X-pipe in 4" can't be done under these cars with a full exhaust system. There wasn't enough real estate under the car with the Torque Arm cross member to fit the X-Pipe to be able to connect to the 3" mid-pipes while retaining good ground clearance and not having the exhaust rattle on something under the car to cause spark retard due to the knock sensors picking up the rattle.

Yes they're wrapped. They are ceramic coated with a 2500*F coating and then covered with an Inconel heat shield. This was done to reduce underhood temperatures, while also keeping the velocity of the exhaust gasses high until they hit the H-Pipe for a higher scavenging effect of the headers collector.

IMG_1764.jpg

IMG_1769.jpg

Snoopy49

Established Member
Kurt,
How are the header heat shields held in place? It looks like there are buttons on the heat shields for safety wire, but I don't see any safety wire in the photos.

blowbye

Bangin gears
Established Member
LOL....I was wondering if anybody would notice that.

The headers are a slightly different design and I didn't want anybody to see them.....(joking) LOL

The header is a custom set by American Racing Headers. What is custom about them? They're the standard 2" primary tube with a 4" collector, instead of their standard upgrade of a 3.5" collector. This is the main reason I went with an H-pipe over the X-Pipe I originally wanted. An X-pipe in 4" can't be done under these cars with a full exhaust system. There wasn't enough real estate under the car with the Torque Arm cross member to fit the X-Pipe to be able to connect to the 3" mid-pipes while retaining good ground clearance and not having the exhaust rattle on something under the car to cause spark retard due to the knock sensors picking up the rattle.

Yes they're wrapped. They are ceramic coated with a 2500*F coating and then covered with an Inconel heat shield. This was done to reduce underhood temperatures, while also keeping the velocity of the exhaust gasses high until they hit the H-Pipe for a higher scavenging effect of the headers collector.

Awesome!

Gr8fulmtnbiker

Established Member
Nice.
Care to share or are they "under wraps" for now? lol

Some are under wraps for now, but I am happy to share the following-

Done so far- painted front and rear brakes with Lambo lime green, window tint, replaced black pinstripes with dark metallic gray, paint correction and ceramic coating, replaced mufflers

To be done over the coming 2 weeks- new wheels (brushed silver with polished lip), Eibach Pro Kit lowering springs/BMR adjustable panhard bar and LCA and LCA relocation brackets, full stripe protection film and front PPF, replace all black plastic splitters and rear diffuser and front upper/lower grills with carbon fiber

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Some are under wraps for now, but I am happy to share the following-
Done so far- painted front and rear brakes with Lambo lime green, window tint, replaced black pinstripes with dark metallic gray, paint correction and ceramic coating, replaced mufflers
To be done over the coming 2 weeks- new wheels (brushed silver with polished lip), Eibach Pro Kit lowering springs/BMR adjustable panhard bar and LCA and LCA relocation brackets, full stripe protection film and front PPF, replace all black plastic splitters and rear diffuser and front upper/lower grills with carbon fiber
Very nice man! Awesome.
Are you going to start a new thread on it?

Bad Company

Established Member
Kurt,
How are the header heat shields held in place? It looks like there are buttons on the heat shields for safety wire, but I don't see any safety wire in the photos.
Hey Snoopy

You are correct in the fact they are safety wired from button to button. The wire isn't showing in the pictures, but it is there. Since the wire doesn't have a high load on it they used a lighter gauge safety wire to be able to draw the head shields down tighter.

Thank you

Snoopy49

Established Member
They use similar blankets on the exhaust pipes of jet engines.
This is the safety we used on the blankets.
Wire: Steel Corrosion Resisting
302 Non-Electrical

What pattern did you use when you laced up the blankets?

Bad Company

Established Member
They use similar blankets on the exhaust pipes of jet engines.
This is the safety we used on the blankets.
Wire: Steel Corrosion Resisting
302 Non-Electrical

What pattern did you use when you laced up the blankets?
The type of wire used is beyond my scope of knowledge. The heat shields are by Fischer Motorsports, I have found that anything they do is to the highest standards in both design and application. As far as the pattern of how the wire is routed, I have no idea. I will say this I don't know how they were able to build these shields with them fitting the header tubes so closely. The fitment is excellent.

Users who are viewing this thread