Post pics of you Open Track racing!

apex32

5.slow
Established Member
Track driving is addicting - and WG is awesome too.

What tires are you running?

You're not kidding! This has gotten expensive - haha.

I am running 19x9.5 wheels with 275/35/19 Michelin PSS all around. I am in love with the setup, and I am sold on these tires.

dmichaels

Established Member
You're not kidding! This has gotten expensive - haha.

I am running 19x9.5 wheels with 275/35/19 Michelin PSS all around. I am in love with the setup, and I am sold on these tires.

Haha yes it does get a bit expensive. I keep tabs on everything I get for my car, reviewed the list the other day and was a bit amazed by what I've spent so far. Basically executed 3 years worth of planned purchases in 10 months.

Michelins are excellent - looks like your car is nicely set up for the track, hope you make it out to a LRP or Thompson event... I'm headed to LRP this Friday (still room available!) and to Thompson on June 19th...

apex32

5.slow
Established Member
Haha yes it does get a bit expensive. I keep tabs on everything I get for my car, reviewed the list the other day and was a bit amazed by what I've spent so far. Basically executed 3 years worth of planned purchases in 10 months.

Michelins are excellent - looks like your car is nicely set up for the track, hope you make it out to a LRP or Thompson event... I'm headed to LRP this Friday (still room available!) and to Thompson on June 19th...

I'll be at Thompson June 21&22. I want to run at lime rock but I'm 99% sure my car is way too loud. I'm hoping I don't throw the meter at Thompson (100db). I think were talking about the same weekend? Are you going with NASA?

Were also going back to the Glen in Sept. I will be going then as well

Stanger58

Established Member
Elwood: you're in the right place. Start reading. If you can't find the information you're looking for (use the search feature), then ask questions. Keep in mind, the more specific the question, the better the answer you'll get. There is a WEALTH of both autocross and road course experience here on SVTP, so dig in!

See you on track!

Elwood617

Established Member
Elwood: you're in the right place. Start reading. If you can't find the information you're looking for (use the search feature), then ask questions. Keep in mind, the more specific the question, the better the answer you'll get. There is a WEALTH of both autocross and road course experience here on SVTP, so dig in!

See you on track!

dmichaels

Established Member
I'll be at Thompson June 21&22. I want to run at lime rock but I'm 99% sure my car is way too loud. I'm hoping I don't throw the meter at Thompson (100db). I think were talking about the same weekend? Are you going with NASA?

Were also going back to the Glen in Sept. I will be going then as well

I can't make the NASA Thompson event in June. I'm going to the northeast track days event on Thursday June 19th though. Have you considered just putting your stock axle backs on to run a limerock? I believe NASA has an unmuffled event on July 3 at LRP too... Always an option. I'm considering trying to make that one.

Really hoping to get back to the Glen this year as my car is significantly more track ready now. I had only owned it for 2 months last time I went out at the Glen!

apex32

5.slow
Established Member
I can't make the NASA Thompson event in June. I'm going to the northeast track days event on Thursday June 19th though. Have you considered just putting your stock axle backs on to run a limerock? I believe NASA has an unmuffled event on July 3 at LRP too... Always an option. I'm considering trying to make that one.

Really hoping to get back to the Glen this year as my car is significantly more track ready now. I had only owned it for 2 months last time I went out at the Glen!

I need to buy a set of stock mufflers to try that out. I don't have mine any more but I've thought about it and just hate to do it. I wanted to make the unmuffled event, but I will be out of the country on vacation then so that's out.

If you're free, the Sept NASA Glen event isnt even open for registration yet, so there will be plenty of room. I am leaving my calendar open for that one for sure! I'd like to get down to NJMP sometime as well.

krman68

Established Member
The Glen - what more needs to be said
imagejpg5_zps426bd744.jpg
imagejpg6_zps6b56097a.jpg

krman68

Established Member
^ I love Charlotte Intl speedway Fantastic track. I wish I could get back there sometime soon

The Wood Bros paint scheme is awesome . Always been a fan of that NASCAR team

Last edited:

rickdb

Established Member
Maybe you can help me? I have a similar engine set-up as you. The problem is I keep blowing power steering pumps! My car is still street legal but it's a full-time autocrosser, it has 315's up front & 335's out back. It has the 8-rib conversion and a 8-rib 5.4L pulley on the pump now, but I guess it's too much load on it when you climb up & down the rpm range and the power steering pump can't take it and the seal blows. I have tried to source out a bigger V-6 8-Rib pulley from the Ford truck/econoline series, and I can't find anything bigger in diameter to slow down the pump! Do you know where I could find a bigger 8-rib pulley, or better yet how are you avoiding this problem? I called Kenne Bell to ask about a set-up like the Cobra's, which have a separate belt for the blower/crank & accesories and they said that they thought about it but never completed the project for the 2V. Any thoughts would be much appreciated!

Users who are viewing this thread