Post your Shelby GT500 Dyno Numbers in here

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Hey Guys:

It's nice to see we're getting lots of cars out into the hands of the buying public! :-D Along with that comes the excitement of getting on a dyno.

It seems we're getting an awful lot of posts regarding dyno numbers and I think it's in everyone's best interest to keep these consolidated.

So future dyno results should be posted here. If they are posted to a new thread I'll let them bask in their glory for a few days and then move them in here,

Thanks for your cooperation!

Bruce

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

saleen dynoed my shelby.there # on the first run was 460-rear wheel,and as the roots blower tended to heat up it lost between 10/20-rear wheel Hp.So they up graded the roots blower to a saleen twin screw blower. I'm waitting on the new #s.

FEARSNO1

KB Shelby, enough said
Established Member
481 rwhp & 472 rwtq BONE STOCK, inside for #'s w/ JLT CAI

i brought my bone stock shelby over to RWTD in mobile on saturday and we had scheduled to do a custom tune JLT cai and 2.6 upper w/idler, well the idler was on backorder so it was just the JLT cai and tune. well we strapped the car down and the first run put down 470 & 462, neither of us could believe it so we made another pull and she spit out 481 hp & 472 tq, with NOTHING done except i had already cut off the stock mufflers and replaced with just pipe. i couldn't believe it, we then decided to put just a tune in her and she spit out 496 & 483tq. these numbers were all SAE corrected, hell uncorrected she put out 509 on the stock run. we then put on the JLT CAI, (the blue carbon fiber which looks awesome by the way) then she spit out 522.42 hp and 494.86 tq. James w/ RWTD did all the tuning and really knows what he is doing and took the time to do it right, after the jlt install we made a total of like 6-7 pulls just to make sure the air fuel was spot on and it is 11.8-12.0 across the board. This car is now so much better the throttle response is so much better and just plain hauls ass, can't wait to put on the 2.6 pulley next month. the car would have even made more but at around 5600-5700 we started getting belt slip, the hp curve flattens out and the maf counts started to fall off, so we are going to try and put the idler on with the stock pulley and see what it will do.here are the graphs.i believe this is the most powerful stock shelby to date.

correctedgraph.jpg

these are the uncorrected numbers, they are just plain crazy

uncorrectedgraph.jpg

Last edited:

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
sick stock numbers! (just read they weren't completely stock, still nice)

Last edited:

GT500R

Established Member
nice numbers

so if i take my cats off, no mufflers, and run no filter just for a dyno run i can get the highest hp stock shelby too :banana:

FEARSNO1

KB Shelby, enough said
Established Member
GT500R said:
nice numbers

so if i take my cats off, no mufflers, and run no filter just for a dyno run i can get the highest hp stock shelby too :banana:

what are you talking about all i did was cut off the mufflers and put straight pipes, everything else was left as it was from the factory.still had filter and cats. there is hardly no gain from axleback exhaust on these cars.

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
FEARSNO1 said:
what are you talking about all i did was cut off the mufflers and put straight pipes, everything else was left as it was from the factory.still had filter and cats. there is hardly no gain from axleback exhaust on these cars.
i am sure cutting off the mufflers had some sort of effect on your power output. Stock is stock, and your car wasn't stock. Still sick numbers.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
FEARSNO1 said:

changing mufflers will have little or no effect. taking the mufflers off will make it easier to breathe. the reason race cars do not use mufflers is becuase the muffler will restrict exhaust air flow reducing power. great numbers regardless.

jerrytubbs1

Established Member
I do not mean to be the ass here,but dynojet has been proven to be higher than anyother dyno out there.I mean any with the rollers,not counting the type that pulls the wheels off.I know this for a fact as I listened into a conversation with a dynojet salesman....He plainly stated "we show higher #'s than superflow,mustang, dynameter and all other roller dynos.We know that higher #'s sell better and we want you to have more customers."
That is my first reason for saying that,my second reason is this......We pulled my car on a dynojet and got 491 corrected rwhp and 480 rwtq,then we pulled it on a superflow and got 444 corrected rwhp and 435 rwtq......This is not an opinion,but a fact as proved on my car....I dont want to be flamed for it ,but that truth is the truth.......so then when we done the stage 2,we got 565 and 560 on dynojet,went back to superflow and got 526 and 517 so there is a big diffrence......This was on the same days,temps,humidity and all conditions/factors were the same......Dynojet is good for bragging rights and thats pretty much it.......So that means by the dynojet #'s I have the highest bone stock/with stock mufflers to date......Dont mean to piss on anyone but this is proven.....

FEARSNO1

KB Shelby, enough said
Established Member
jerrytubbs1 said:
I do not mean to be the ass here,but dynojet has been proven to be higher than anyother dyno out there.I mean any with the rollers,not counting the type that pulls the wheels off.I know this for a fact as I listened into a conversation with a dynojet salesman....He plainly stated "we show higher #'s than superflow,mustang, dynameter and all other roller dynos.We know that higher #'s sell better and we want you to have more customers."
That is my first reason for saying that,my second reason is this......We pulled my car on a dynojet and got 491 corrected rwhp and 480 rwtq,then we pulled it on a superflow and got 444 corrected rwhp and 435 rwtq......This is not an opinion,but a fact as proved on my car....I dont want to be flamed for it ,but that truth is the truth.......so then when we done the stage 2,we got 565 and 560 on dynojet,went back to superflow and got 526 and 517 so there is a big diffrence......This was on the same days,temps,humidity and all conditions/factors were the same......Dynojet is good for bragging rights and thats pretty much it.......So that means by the dynojet #'s I have the highest bone stock/with stock mufflers to date......Dont mean to piss on anyone but this is proven.....

okay well i guess i stand corrected, did you post up any of this info before because i don't remember reading it. i had never heard of a shelby dynoing any higher than like 450 or so. can you post up a pic of your graph for me so i can check it out. i am aware of the differences between the dynoes but it's enough that we argue over correction factors, so to argue over dynoes is getting too much. i guess we can't trust any of them. but i have no choice on which one my tuner decides to use. that must have been?a long day for you to be switching dynoes that much, was it the same shop?

jerrytubbs1

Established Member
Q1. didnt post before because I wasnt a member when I first done it.
Q2. Yeah I can post a pic,what do you want the dyno sheet? I didnt get a dynop sheet of teh dynojet run,because I was told it was just higher #'s for bragging rights.I do have the prinouts for the superflow,do you want a scan of them?
Q3. Hold on, I dont want to argue with you.but as a fellow GT500 owner,I dont want you misinformed either.That was the reason of my post.I've been told by many people that the dynojet always runs higher.It is not just me saying it.So to prove this "theory" we talked to a rep from dynojet and was told what I mentioned above.Then we dynoed my car with the 2 diffrent softwares(dynojet and superflow)and also had it dynoed at Evolution when some work was performed there ,but it was after the work was done.
Q4. yes it was at the same shop,done with the 2 diffrent softwares loaded....
Now just to prove my intentions were good,You do this.......it will prove I'm not just saying/slinging crap all around.....Go to someone who has mustang dyno or superflow, get you car dynoed there,and if its as high as the dynojet,I'll pay for your dyno session.That will be stone cold proof.You will actually see the diffrence, and its not just to doubt you or your tuner.....I hope there is no hard feelings man, but I was just trying to help ya out a little.

jerrytubbs1

Established Member
03,You are right.People mostly use dynojet because it is the most popular.I was just trying to let him know that they are off some.Thats it nothing else.And yes they are good #'s, I didnt say they were not, I was just saying they are a little high and not as accurate as most dynos...

chuckstang

Established Member
wow this thread turned for the worse in a hurry.
Guys, his car put down awsome numbers. Shut the F up and quit whinning and saying yours made more or you know someone that made more.
A dyno is a tool for tuning a car, not bragging rights. The 1/4 is for bragging rights.

Users who are viewing this thread