Price Question

stmoney11

DSG Lightning
Established Member
I am in the market for a 13-14 GT500 and have seen them priced all over the place depending on options, I found one that would pretty much be my ideal car, has low miles and appears to be stock from the photos but it is priced lower than most others with similar miles/options.

Here is the car: http://www.autonationchevroletcoral...tang-2dr_Cpe_Shelby_GT500-Miami-FL/3073801883

The car is in Miami and I am in CT so I can't just drive over to the dealer to look at it.

Does the price seem low? And if so does anyone think that there's a chance the car had some water damage or something from the hurricane last month? I'm just skeptical as most dealers have cars like this priced 3-5k higher.

I appreciate any help you guys can offer.

50stangpower

Established Member
have you seen the one in the for sale thread here? I believe that its a better deal. As far as this one goes I think its a fair price, depending on all the other crap they add on being at a dealer.

stmoney11

DSG Lightning
Established Member
Yeah I have looked here on the board and there are some really nice cars, I just don't want to buy one and not have my GT sell, so trading in to a dealer is a lot more convenient option.

I'm just not sure how comfortable I am with buying a car such a long distance away.

WVTrakPak

Established Member
Hate that color combo!!! I have bought cars from distance before, it is not as daunting as you might think.

kwarnerjr

Established Member
Price seems low, there was flooding in Downtown Miami and some neighborhoods (I live in SFL)....no way to tell from the pics if this was effected by that though...would that show up on a carfax?
Have you called and asked about the car yet?

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Price seems low to me too. (Hate to say it) but I'd be very nervous buying a car from FL or TX right now, unless I could absolutely comfirm that there was no water damage. Unfortunately, with most dealers, you will never know the truth.

If you feel confident that the car has not seen water damage, Id JUMP in it.

stmoney11

DSG Lightning
Established Member
Price seems low to me too. (Hate to say it) but I'd be very nervous buying a car from FL or TX right now, unless I could absolutely comfirm that there was no water damage. Unfortunately, with most dealers, you will never know the truth.

If you feel confident that the car has not seen water damage, Id JUMP in it.

That's kind of what I was thinking as far as being nervous about a FL car right now.

I'll pass on this one and hopefully find something more local, it's going to be winter here soon anyway and I won't be driving it much until next spring so I have time to find the right car.

fearthesnake

Established Member
$47K does not seem to low for an 8K mile car imo. The car may have been sitting there for a while and the Dealer needs to move it. Summer is over, prices tend to drop some during this time of year.

Being a Chevrolet dealer, I would be surprised if they were offering up Hurricane- water damaged vehicles. Most of their new car buying reviews were good, their service reviews not so much but that wont apply in ur case.

I would not run from this deal but do my due diligence here 1st. Appears to be a stock, 1 owner car with no accidents.

Arrange to have the car verified by an independent service for a good, thorough inspection and shake down test.

Lastly, get their money back guarantee in writing but that is more for peace of mind for you. You should have already done your inspection work up front and your test drive will just confirm the inspections.

How are you going to trade your car in if you are in N.E. and that car is in Coral Gables.?

stmoney11

DSG Lightning
Established Member
$47K does not seem to low for an 8K mile car imo. The car may have been sitting there for a while and the Dealer needs to move it. Summer is over, prices tend to drop some during this time of year.

Being a Chevrolet dealer, I would be surprised if they were offering up Hurricane- water damaged vehicles. Most of their new car buying reviews were good, their service reviews not so much but that wont apply in ur case.

I would not run from this deal but do my due diligence here 1st. Appears to be a stock, 1 owner car with no accidents.

Arrange to have the car verified by an independent service for a good, thorough inspection and shake down test.

Lastly, get their money back guarantee in writing but that is more for peace of mind for you. You should have already done your inspection work up front and your test drive will just confirm the inspections.

How are you going to trade your car in if you are in N.E. and that car is in Coral Gables.?

For trading my car, I had sent them very detailed photos and a list of modifications and service records on my car, based on that they were able to give me a value for my car.

raustin0017

Established Member
Sounds and looks solid to me. Don't shy away till you know find a better deal and my guess that is going to be hard to beat. Everybody knows the SGM/Black Stripes looks the best rolling down the road.

Drewsky65

Established Member
get a carfax on it, call them up and ask 1000+ questions. tell them your going to drive down and trade in your GT. see if the #'s make sense at all. then drive her back home! honestly if the carfax is clean and everything checks out i would not be afraid to pick it up personally. the price is low, but then again they may just want to move it fast.

Kapy

Established Member
47 is basically KBB at this point. Nothing abnormal here.

TooFast98Cobra

#1 Vent Shade Installer
Established Member
I have a 14 gt500 black vert matte black stripes under 8k miles im looking to sell. Bone stock. Probably start at 50k

412 651 1920

Just outside pittsburgh Pennsylvania. Text if intetested

fearthesnake

Established Member
For trading my car, I had sent them very detailed photos and a list of modifications and service records on my car, based on that they were able to give me a value for my car.
Ahh got it. If its the color combo you prefer I would not hesitate. Id also start at $45K or under what they are asking. May be wiggle room left and thats better for you. For instance, if thats the original stock tires on it, tell them to install 4 new ones or knock off another 1,500 from the price.

Thats what I did when I bought mine which was a long distance deal. The dealer put 4 new tires on mine and it had 7,800 miles on it.

Would make for an awesome drive home this time of year too!

Users who are viewing this thread