Pro Touring 1979 Pace Car build

69clark

Established Member
Been great, man, can't complain at all. Got the Mach last Halloween, didn't place an intro thread in the Stangnet 94-95 section out of shame, haha. Really regret selling the 94 :kaboom:

Going to show your build to my brother-in-law. He's got a 79 notch that he hasn't worked on in almost 3 years, I'm trying to motivate him and this should do the trick. As usual, the ideas & execution are top-notch! Keep us posted.

-Paul

Well I knew you sold the 94, or at least that it was for sale. I check in on Stangnet from time to time and some of the "original crew" let me know about not being around as much, LOL.

Punisher302

Established Member
Ha, cool. There've been a couple times where all of a sudden a lot of the original guys will pop in on a thread -- sort of a spur-of-the-moment reunion. I'm sure those guys would love to see the build if you posted up there. Looking forward to the progress, man!

69clark

Established Member
Stock 7.5 open diff is out of the car.
PaceCar_Minitubs025.jpg

This is the 8.8 housing that is being narrowed and rebuild. Doesn't look like much, but hopefully next tim you see this, it will be a pretty peice.
cc539479.png

69clark

Established Member
I don't have alot of time to be in the garage this weekend, but I should finally have one of the tubs welding in the car. Got to finish boxing the frame rail and boxing in the lower torque box. If all goes well I should have pics of one side done this weekend.

THE_STIG

Established Member
You know, there was a '79 pace car in my area for sale forever, i'm talking months, this guy daily drove it and I passed it every day always thinking, "tomorrow i'm gonna stop and ask him about that car", and I kept forgetting, I stopped seeing it, theres a different car parked in that space now. I kick myself every day about it because yes it was beat to shit but it was cheap and could have been restored to something nice.

dads01dream

Established Member
That stacked fuel injection is AMAZING!!!! Could you tell us where you located that system? Looking forward to future progress pix, thanks for sharing. :banana:

69clark

Established Member
That stacked fuel injection is AMAZING!!!! Could you tell us where you located that system? Looking forward to future progress pix, thanks for sharing. :banana:

This is the one that I will probably go with. (scroll down to 4.6)
Stack EFI Manifolds

I think this is the same one as above.
Ford 4.6 DOHC V8 Stack Injection Setup - Stack Systems - Products

I lost the link for the one on the first page of this thread, let me do some more digging. They done have it listed as an offering on their site, but the custom built it which probably means 2-3 times more than the one I linked to above.

dads01dream

Established Member
Thank you for sending these along..... Now to decide, do I want the power of my D1-SC orrrrr the look of that stacked injection? :shrug:

Here's a question, my vette does not have a throttle cable so how would it actuate those throttle bodies? I'm sure it's probably a simple solution, but what the heck do I know!

Thanks again.

This is the one that I will probably go with. (scroll down to 4.6)
Stack EFI Manifolds

I think this is the same one as above.
Ford 4.6 DOHC V8 Stack Injection Setup - Stack Systems - Products

I lost the link for the one on the first page of this thread, let me do some more digging. They done have it listed as an offering on their site, but the custom built it which probably means 2-3 times more than the one I linked to above.

69clark

Established Member
Thank you for sending these along..... Now to decide, do I want the power of my D1-SC orrrrr the look of that stacked injection? :shrug:

Here's a question, my vette does not have a throttle cable so how would it actuate those throttle bodies? I'm sure it's probably a simple solution, but what the heck do I know!

Thanks again.

Not sure on that one, I'm not lucky enough to own a vette, LOL. However I do know they have settle for LS motors, so someone must have done it, just not sure how. Maybe there is a cable retrofit for the vettes.

Users who are viewing this thread