Procharger help

solis castillo

Established Member
help guys, my pro charger intake tube wont fit my 1997 cobra, its to long and hits the stock rad. Have you guys used a turbo guard on a procharger? what have you done about the recirculation valve?

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
do you have the wrong tube? is the rubber elbow on backwards (the one with my power pipe is NOT equal, one side sticks out further)?

If your MAF has been moved so it's post blower the recirculating valve can be vented to atmosphere

more info/and or pics would help responses here

solis castillo

Established Member
do you have the wrong tube? is the rubber elbow on backwards (the one with my power pipe is NOT equal, one side sticks out further)?

If your MAF has been moved so it's post blower the recirculating valve can be vented to atmosphere

more info/and or pics would help responses here

sorry i meant the blower filter tube, i have the one pice plastic that came with the kit. yes my Maf is post blower, so i can just vent it outside and not connected to the tube?

20180527_232931.jpg

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
i dunno if it cut off part of your picture but if the hood or something isnt hitting it I dont really see a real problem from that picture. It almost looks like the filter is going too far over but that filter seems a bit long from what I remember

As long as the bypass valve is before the maf you can just vent to atmosphere and put a cap on the plastic inlet pipe (I think I was able to find something at Auto zone when I did that)

solis castillo

Established Member
yes it cut off a bunch of the picture. The filter hits the top of the rad support and can't be tucked with the stock or short filter. the tube hits the radiator/rad hose and ac lines(rad is not installed in pic). Ok thanks i will have to go with a turbo guard and vent the valve outside.

JetmechF16

Under Pressure
Established Member
Premium Member
Top Shelf Gentlemen
I just went with a kitchen strainer and screw clamp, it'll keep the big stuff out. Let me know how that turbo guard fits on there, always thought the flanges were too small on the Prochargers.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I had to bend an ac line down slightly if I recall. Also is that tube pushed all the way against the blower? If so pull it out toward the rad side of that coupler and see if it changes the angle enough to drop in. Procharger shit tends to be a little finicky but once you finagle it correctly it fits decently well

solis castillo

Established Member
I had to bend an ac line down slightly if I recall. Also is that tube pushed all the way against the blower? If so pull it out toward the rad side of that coupler and see if it changes the angle enough to drop in. Procharger shit tends to be a little finicky but once you finagle it correctly it fits decently well

i tried to get more angle nothing worked, its just long and wide.

solis castillo

Established Member
well I'm having trouble finding a company that makes a turbo guard for the P1SC size inlet.

anyone running a filter? what filter do you run?

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
glad it fits, i believe Ive heard some claim its a restriction due to not enough a filter area. Also I would just keep an eye on it to make sure it doesnt suck the element into the blower (might be fine Id just be cautious about it).

solis castillo

Established Member
glad it fits, i believe Ive heard some claim its a restriction due to not enough a filter area. Also I would just keep an eye on it to make sure it doesnt suck the element into the blower (might be fine Id just be cautious about it).

I'm worried more about the middle plastic plug in the filter, I'm still looking for a turbo guard.

Helomech74

Established Member
Just go to turbo-guard.com and order the correct Blower Guard for your inlet size.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread