Procharger VS Superchargerrebuild.com

AntiHeightPunk

Established Member
they did work on mine and it worked out real well so i would go with them bro!
p.s. what car is the f1a on and what numbers did it make at what boost?

chip6990

Established Member
it may take me a day to find the part #. all i done was unbolted the front, knocked the front seal out, and put the new one in. if you are mechanically inclined at all, you can do this. if i remember right, i called Procharger tech, and they told me the #

20stang02

Established Member
My P-1SC is starting to leak more and more, so its time for seals soon as well. I called up P/C and they wanted $400 to do the job because they told me they would not sell me seals:bash::bash:

I'm obviously going to do it myself though, but I'm not sure whether to replace the input/output shaft seals along with the main seal on the case...what do you guys think? FWIW I pulled the discharge tube off recently and its dry, nothing working its way through the impellar, so I was just thinking of doing the main case seal.

Hotrodvdog

Established Member
it may take me a day to find the part #. all i done was unbolted the front, knocked the front seal out, and put the new one in. if you are mechanically inclined at all, you can do this. if i remember right, i called Procharger tech, and they told me the #

I appreciate the help. LMK what you find out. thanks:banana:

JGIPSON

Established Member
Leak

The seal behind the blower is 11625, Chicago Rawhide. I would not do the impeller seal on your own though. The impeller has to be removed ever so gently and there is a technique so you dont ruin a $1000 impeller. Another reason not to remove the impeller is it is perfectly balanced to spin 60,000+ rpm. Just by removing the impeller, if you dont ruin it, throws it way out of balance. So if the seal behind the impeller is leaking, send it to procharger and get it done right. Yes its a $400 repair, but most of is cost is labor. The seal behind the pulley my little sister could replace.

Hotrodvdog

Established Member
Thanks for the information. I'm pretty sure only the pulley shaft seal is leaking and not the impeller seal. With the head unit off of the car and holding it upright and then turning it upside down, a nice stream of oil will come out of the shaft area. The impeller side is nice and dry.

Last edited:

2V99GT

SVT God
Established Member
replace it yourself. it's dumb to pay that much for something that costs less than 10 dollars and takes about 15 minutes to do.

Hotrodvdog

Established Member

Ok. I just ordered the seal through Advanced Auto Parts and should be here by tomorrow. The guy @ the counter said it's the National brand made by Chicago Rawhide. Is the seal just sandwiched in between the back plate and inner shaft? You guys really make it sound easy but I get nervous just thinking about working on a $3G part. LOL.:thumbsup:

Last edited:

Hotrodvdog

Established Member
Just installed it. Pretty simple procedure but the old seal was hanging on for dear life! LOL Anyhow it eventually popped out. I put the new one in and voila! No more leaks. Now if only it was that easy to find a cheap fuel system for the greater boost level... Thanks for the help guys.

Users who are viewing this thread