Project Venomous: Redux

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
Sold my 96 Cobra project after I picked up a 2001 Cobra roller from a member here.

Car came with 03-04 front and rear bumpers, built 8.8, front coilover and tubular k, and 4" cowl hood.

Plans are to do a Dark Charcoal swap, Vortech, built Teksid, T56, 99-01 Cobra front, 95 Style Cobra R Hood, 03-04 Cobra spoiler, possibly swap an IRS back in, return fuel system, and some other things.

Goals are 750+ on Corn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Deceptive

Established Member
Premium Member
Here are pictures of the car in its former glory.
d5b616ebdf521f74f24fc1bc4f3ee6c6.jpg

5892d4eeedd1352416831de5817ba5ea.jpg

c43679f64391e4d6292dcc65e762507d.jpg

Last edited:

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Sounds like a bad ass project. I'd look for in IRS or someone to trade. Also will the 99-01 bumper allow sufficient airflow to get the the intercooler?

Deceptive

Established Member
Premium Member
I will have a pallet of stuff arriving in about two weeks.

Rudders331cobra

Established Member
Good luck man. I just got my 99 cobra swap to full 03 motor and drive train. Lucky for you it had a built solid that is my next project

Deceptive

Established Member
Premium Member
Good luck man. I just got my 99 cobra swap to full 03 motor and drive train. Lucky for you it had a built solid that is my next project

Did you use your 99 wiring?

The SRA will be replaced. Scored an 01 IRS cheap, I plan on throwing the FTBR catalog at it along with some powder coating. I am going more fun street car than track sloot.

Deceptive

Established Member
Premium Member
Here are some current pictures, took the pressure washer to it. Found a few small areas that will need some body work and it will need a respray. The mounts for the IRS are still there which is good.
a43738204d8fdc1ac8a5cb8d24ce0860.jpg
6e3b0e490004ae947b00d1eceab3810a.jpg
e4c990625c819eca630dcbc06c9cac58.jpg

a41c592e89ee9b6106ecb1dfbc55c7ed.jpg

Deceptive

Established Member
Premium Member
I can always make a trip out your way to see friends and bring it if you do want it once it is out. I used to live not far from Funky Vagina, NC.

Rudders331cobra

Established Member
I can always make a trip out your way to see friends and bring it if you do want it once it is out. I used to live not far from Funky Vagina, NC.

Haha sound good man lmk what you want for it and we can work something out. Details on sra. If you vagina is trying not to be so funky anymore.
We have a chipotle now. LOL

Deceptive

Established Member
Premium Member
Installed a set of Raxiom Smoked Taillights, sold the bumper and hood, and started removing sound deadening. Still have not gotten the IRS or even started with any of that. It will be a while especially with the little one set to arrive. I have been doing more house work than anything as I still have stuff I need to finish in the house and outside.

Rudders331cobra

Established Member
Installed a set of Raxiom Smoked Taillights, sold the bumper and hood, and started removing sound deadening. Still have not gotten the IRS or even started with any of that. It will be a while especially with the little one set to arrive. I have been doing more house work than anything as I still have stuff I need to finish in the house and outside.

Awesome man congrats on the little. When you get back to the car just let me know the details on that SRA as I am definitely interested check PM and send me you number

Deceptive

Established Member
Premium Member
Not much going on right now with either of my builds as my wife gave birth to our daughter last week. I did however pick up some stuff I needed to get from the shop. Heads and crank are good which I am keeping. Rods and pistons were good which I am putting up for sale.

Also picked up the IRS that will be replacing the SRA the previous owner swapped in. I swapped a stock, other than gears, SRA in an even trade for what I believe is an 03-04 IRS. The plan is to disassemble the IRS, clean, media blast, powder coat, and then throw in the entire FTBR catalog.

Deceptive

Established Member
Premium Member
Nice build. Why'd you get rid of the 01 tails?

Just not a fan of the 01 Taillights to be honest.

I forgot that in addition to the IRS, I got 03-04 side skirts and scoops. It will be a while before I get to actual any work though. Right now it is work, baby, sleep.

Users who are viewing this thread