Promotion Powertrain T56?

ITSTOCK

Established Member
Does anyone have experience with this company? I'll know for sure tomorrow when I pull it apart, but I'm pretty sure I broke the rear/main output shaft and want to just put a new t56 in. I don't want to go magnum. I'm looking at their 700 rated trans.

ITSTOCK

Established Member
It looks like both of them only sell the magnum complete and not a T 56, maybe that's the direction I end up but for now I'd like to keep it a t56.

50stangpower

Established Member
fair enough. maybe call Bob. He worked my TKO 600 over so it would shift correctly. I know you want all new but it may be worth it since he is local if he can rebuild yours to suit your exact needs.

ITSTOCK

Established Member
Tick is on the list, but they also seem to only do a rebuild and don't have in stock transmissions ready to go.

cj428mach

Established Member
Go Magnum, the gears are 15% wider so theres more contact area of the gears. No matter what you do to the t56 you'll still have this problem.

Dave.O

Established Member
I used promotion performance recently to buy at bell housing and drive shaft for my T56 swap into my 99 cobra. Dealt with Walt, good customer service with fast response seemed very experienced with T56's, knew measurements and dimensions off the top of his head FWIW

AMP-D

Established Member
Have you considered Texas Drivetrain Performance in Texas? Ask for Jason if you decide to contact them. Very knowledgable with T56 units and runs a tight ship over there.

ITSTOCK

Established Member
I ended up ordering the magnum. It just doesn't make sense to go through this trans and rebuild it at my power level.

cj428mach

Established Member
T56 parts are worth good money, I got almost $1300 out of my t56 when I parted it out and I only paid $1400 for it in good shape when I put it in the car lol. The front plate, tail housing, and 5th and 6th gear are worth good money.

ITSTOCK

Established Member
T56 parts are worth good money, I got almost $1300 out of my t56 when I parted it out and I only paid $1400 for it in good shape when I put it in the car lol. The front plate, tail housing, and 5th and 6th gear are worth good money.
I posted it for sale for $1000 shipped as is yesterday morning and was surprised at all the replies it received so quickly. It still hasn't sold but I didn't expect that much interest for the price. I figured someone would offer $750 I would work out shipping.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Good choice to go with the Magnum T-56 vs. building your T-56. Trust me, you're going to be very happy with it. One of those decisions that makes you smile when it's all said and done. Let us know after the install your first impressions of the Magnum.

Users who are viewing this thread