Pulley help please

Alegend123

Established Member
IMG_3698.JPG
IMG_3696.JPG
looking for help with info on pulleys my upper is almost 3" and lower is about 9" everything is unmarked I'm going they the truck and replacing/fixing everything getting ready for a dyno tuned appt that's coming up I'd like to get in the 425-450rwhp range safely if these pulleys need trashed please give recommendations.. I stay out of boost when driving now until dyno is ready but when I first test drive the truck she pegs the factory boost gauge and then some with this setup but know very little about what is on it now any and all help is much appreciated!!!

Dusten

Established Member
That looks like a 2.97" upper which is stock. The lower is either 8.75 or 9" which is 5lb or 6lb. You need to measure where the belt rides to get an accurate measurement.

With those pulleys I recommend an aftermarket maf. And you likely won't hit your power goals, sorry.

Alegend123

Established Member
What pulleys do you suggest to hit that range?? I'm not against throwing them in the trash and buying new lol...they came on the truck so no clue as to what they really are I'm about to order the sct 2600 maf as well before the dyno.... any ideas why the factory boost gets pegged and reads so high with those pulleys??

Dusten

Established Member
What pulleys do you suggest to hit that range?? I'm not against throwing them in the trash and buying new lol...they came on the truck so no clue as to what they really are I'm about to order the sct 2600 maf as well before the dyno.... any ideas why the factory boost gets pegged and reads so high with those pulleys??
The stock boost gauge only reads to ten. Those pulleys ate likely in the 14psi range.

Why a power level? I'd worry about bashing the truck fast. A 400rwhp truck will run bottom 12s with tires and a good tune. These motors start to let go around 450whp on the stock blower. So unless you have a lot of coin, I wouldn't push your luck.

http://www.lightningrodder.com/foru...modding-101-superchargers.html#/topics/353385

I made 424/560 with a 2.76upper, 5lb lower, ported Eaton, exhaust, no cats, c&l upper, cold air, and an amazing tun.

Truck ran 12.41 on slicks

Alegend123

Established Member
I'm actually trying to sell my '98 cobra at the moment that money is going towards a built block for the lightning so any upgrades/parts I want to make sure they are worth while don't want to buy over again

Alegend123

Established Member
Nothing really has been done other than an oil separator and the lower pulley if the upper is a factory piece it does have a cone filter and cat back exhaust that's loud as s*it lol... I've got a box of parts sitting for it new coils,tr6 plugs,all supercharger gaskets as I plan to pull and clean the intercooler, new intercooler pump jus need to get time to go wrench on it... I tore out the hard lines last weekend to fix a bad leak it had I replaced them with 5/8" lines

Dusten

Established Member
Nothing really has been done other than an oil separator and the lower pulley if the upper is a factory piece it does have a cone filter and cat back exhaust that's loud as s*it lol... I've got a box of parts sitting for it new coils,tr6 plugs,all supercharger gaskets as I plan to pull and clean the intercooler, new intercooler pump jus need to get time to go wrench on it... I tore out the hard lines last weekend to fix a bad leak it had I replaced them with 5/8" lines
The upper isn't stock. It just looks stock size. It might be a 2.8

Alegend123

Established Member
I'll remeasure tomorrow but say it is a 2.8 and the lower is a 5/6# what kinda boost can be expected from that combo? And rough estimate on hp after tuning? Just a rough idea of course

Alegend123

Established Member
I'm just getting into the lightning world I've been hung up on my cobra but this is the new toy these days lol

Users who are viewing this thread