Question about the Kenne Bell 2.1

Miked232

Established Member
Hey all, now that all issues I had with the car have been solved and I just purchased a few more goodies.

I’m starting to look at power adders. Is it Possible for the Kenne Bell 2.1 to put down 500RWHP without methane? I found a slightly used kit for 2800. I understand a vortech or procharger would be better in the long run because it can be intercooler. But I kinda like the fact that this Kenne Bell is $2800 with 1,000 miles on it lol.

I would also add in a 255fuel pump and probably 39lb injectors. And I have a 80mm TB sitting in the garage

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
The torque of the KB in that car will be far more exhilarating than a centrifugal.
I have a 2.1 on my 93. It made a little over 400 to the wheels on the stock engine with only supporting mods. Now I have a 347 stroker with the KB. Haven’t got it on the dyno yet but 500 is definitely in the realm of where I am.
By Methane, I assume you mean methanol. Methanol does not increase power, it adds octane and cooling to run more timing. I use it for added protection and the cooling effects, which on the KB isn’t much. Those things get hot.

Race Red Boss

Established Member
Have started to look at the KB 2.1 for my 98 as well. According to the KB website, the kit contains everything you need....including the KB boost a pump, which negates the need for a new fuel pump or bigger injectors. Sounds to me like it will be an easier system to install vs. centrifugal.

Also, according to KB.....intercooler not required. Guess it depends on how hard you run/boost it. Kit is 6 PSI and can run up to 14.

Miked232

Established Member
Have started to look at the KB 2.1 for my 98 as well. According to the KB website, the kit contains everything you need....including the KB boost a pump, which negates the need for a new fuel pump or bigger injectors. Sounds to me like it will be an easier system to install vs. centrifugal.

Also, according to KB.....intercooler not required. Guess it depends on how hard you run/boost it. Kit is 6 PSI and can run up to 14.

From what I’ve read they run insanely hot over 8psi and there is no intercooler available for the 96-98 cobra. And also that 6psi is the max on stock injectors. Maybe someone here that has one can chime in

Race Red Boss

Established Member
From what I’ve read they run insanely hot over 8psi and there is no intercooler available for the 96-98 cobra. And also that 6psi is the max on stock injectors. Maybe someone here that has one can chime in

According to KB, the injectors are not an issue when it comes to fuel delivery in their application when you use their Boost a pump (BAP).

Check out their tech info. section for more details: http://kennebell.net/tech/fuel-tech/

jmsa540

Established Member
39’s okay? And are you running a 2.1? I’m debating getting one because I found one cheap. And upgrading down the road

Go higher than 39's. Make sure theyre match flow injectors.

I dont have one, but ive been researching the 2.1 since 2010, yes 2010.

I bought one on ebay in 2010 and got screwed over.

One day ill have one...

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

mlackke

Established Member
Not to hijack thread, maybe I could couple additional questions about KB2.1L:

1. If adding an intercooler with KB, does relocating IAT sensor make anymore benefit since actual IAT would now be lot closer to actual air temp?

2. If relocating IAT with KB + Intercooler, custom tune is required?

3. Is KB own tune any good, or should select custom tune always even when running eg 6psi without other mods?

Race Red Boss

Established Member
Here's Kenne Bells perspective on superchargers (SC), tuning and things to consider with their solution. Interesting departure from most other SC solutions out there? I'm seriously leaning towards their solution as I think it's one I can install myself, with very few other changes required to make it work....including no custom tune.

Keep hoping we'll get someone with the 2.1L on a Cobra to share their actual experience installing one....

http://kennebell.net/tech/tuning-tech/do-i-need-my-kenne-bell-supercharger-kit-re-tuned/

ImThatGuy

Huffing Ether
Established Member
Last edited:

Miked232

Established Member
Does anyone know anything about mystick’s aftercooler? I’ve been trying to search and can’t find a thing

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

ImThatGuy

Huffing Ether
Established Member
He replaced the supercharger mounting plate with a phenolic plate, and set the Ford Probe heater core inside of it, as it shows in the link i provided in my previous post, then set up the cooing system up no different than an 03/04

crazycarlo

Established Member
EABE3DA1-2D95-4DE4-BAD1-6FF874C328AB.jpeg
4CD4A645-7B2B-483C-8C8A-24544964D591.jpeg
Well I bought my 98 back in 2007. Shortly there after I put my s trim on it. I also wanted a Kb but after research I decided against it.

I don’t care what kit you buy your going to atleast need 42 or bigger injectors. Preferably 60’s. Also your going to need a bigger fuel pump. Yes some kits have FMU’s but there is a reason everyone upgrades.

And just a FYI you can get complete kits from any manufacturer. That’s my before and after pictures.

Hunter98SVT

Maximum Over Rustle
Established Member
Wonder if a guy could C-head swap, 03-04 Cobra Lower intake, 03-04 Cobra intercooler, 2.1 KB for a 96-98 Cobra, make a custom plate for the 2.1 to mount to then mount the intercooler to the bottom of that plate. Use 03-04 Cobra pump, lines and heat exchanger.

Users who are viewing this thread