Quick Update on my TVS and a steering wheel question.

cgaulzetti

Established Member
so my build saga continues!

we blew up the clutch on the dyno putting out about 18 pounds of boost with the TVS and the smaller pulley so a new RXT is going in tomorrow and we're going to put the stock pulley back on. My guys say it's going to be safer, still get me plenty of power, and is the way to go with our shitty 91 octane and the fact that this thing is both a track toy and a daily driver.

once i get the car back- i'm gutting the interior to put in a cage and some fixed back race seats- probably some Corbeau FX1s because they're cheap, comfy, and look good.

i really want to put an awesome steering wheel in my car- but i know it will mean no more airbag. serious question, if i do a momo steering wheel or the ford racing one- and I have harnesses and i use them- even for daily driving- am i safe? is there anyway to turn off the airbag light? do you guys recommend anything else? i want to drive this car everyday to and from work, race up at the drag strip, do a bunch of road racing- and basically have the most bad ass overpowered canyon carver imaginable.

i can't wait to get the car back- and i'll post pictures when i pick it up!

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
hmm.jpg

cgaulzetti

Established Member
Here's the dyno. We wound up with 15.4lbs of boost- and really nice gains. We're in California so we're dealing with shitty 91 octane gas, and the TVS, the JLT, the BAP, the big injectors and all the experience of the tuner made for some solid gains. We opted to use the stock pulley- and we'll stick with this set up until we go e85. We put a new RXT in it too so i can't really get on it yet- but the first real drive is tomorrow!!!

Attachments

• IMG_0598.JPG
    IMG_0598.JPG
    203.2 KB · Views: 80

cgaulzetti

Established Member
Still breaking in the clutch- but overall things are feeling good. There is def. a lot more power and the boost comes on strong. We had a bad intercooler hose to start- and of course I wish we were running the smaller pulley and were able to stay at 17-18lbs of boost-but we settled on 15.4 pounds, the stock pulley, and the car is bulletproof even with our shitty gas.

What are your thoughts on the results?

Users who are viewing this thread