R Prices

TFStang

Established Member
The manufacturer has always been Dodge, even though company ownership has changed hands and branding has changed hands over the years. Currently Dodge is owned by FCA. The same company that owns Fiat & Ferrari. They never really got behind the Viper like they should have. Did it have something to do with the fact that the Viper was destroying everything on the track including their halo Ferrari’s? Not sure, but they stopped supporting one of the most amazing cars ever made and now it’s no more.

Parts are readily available, more so than parts for some of the rare R’s, although there are some parts in the Gen I’s & II’s that are getting harder to find.

Not really looking to discuss Vipers on a Mustang forum, but if you are on any of the Viper forums, I would be more than happy to engage a discussion, or even fill you in on accurate Viper info.

TFStang

Established Member
View attachment 1475729 I agree with tfstang. The viper is a totally different type experience. They have a bad reputation because too many idiots got behind the wheel and buried the gas pedal in a car with diesel level torque.

On my YouTube page I did owners experience video and I said that everyone should at least rent one. Every non-viper owner I’ve ever spoken to said it was one of the best experiences theyve ever had.

Great pic! That’s what every garage should look like. Two sweet snakes just hanging out. Love it!

I know there are a lot of die hard Ford guys, but how can you not like Vipers? ;)

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
I know there are a lot of die hard Ford guys, but how can you not like Vipers? ;)

Well, no offense or anything, but this is a Ford site. :D

I am looking for a 2012-2013 Boss 302 in prefect condition with a clear title. I am also looking for a newer Ford Mustang GT350.

I respect the Viper, but it has problems with it's ownership. It's owned by Exor S.p.A, an Italian investment group controlled by the Agnelli family which owns 29.19% of FCA and controls 44.31% of the voting shares through a unfair voting mechanism.

I think the Italian Government owns many other voting rights due to their Italian Country rules.

I can see this in the current re-sale values: It's way much faster than it's re-sale value. :D

TFStang

Established Member

I am looking for a 2012-2013 Boss 302 in prefect condition with a clear title. I am also looking for a newer Ford Mustang GT350.

I respect the Viper, but it has problems with it's ownership. It's owned by Exor S.p.A, an Italian investment group controlled by the Agnelli family which owns 29.19% of FCA and controls 44.31% of the voting shares through a unfair voting mechanism.

I think the Italian Government owns many other voting rights due to their Italian Country rules.

I can see this in the current re-sale values: It's way much faster than it's re-sale value. :D

I don’t think your information is exactly accurate with respect to Vipers. I’ll just leave it at that. Not looking to debate Vipers on a Mustang site. Good luck with your search for a Boss. Great car!

Philcsag1

Established Member
A street 2000 Cobra was planned and marketing materials were produced including the full brochure and hero card. It was cancelled when SVT stepped up and focused their energy on correcting the underpowered 99 Cobra. It took all of their resources to do the recall on that model to get it right. The lack of a street model for 00 has nothing to do with the R.

Tom
There were a few 2000 SVT Cobras made but were all export vehicles, we seen them a DAP at one of the early SVTOA experiences

TFStang

Established Member

Why buy new when you can buy almost new:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2017-Ford-...UvTz%2FtjtQU7B6jWPvT0%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
Why buy new when you can buy almost new:

I like to inspect a car first. I also like to see the proper title before delivering a Bank Check for the amount since I don't know the seller.

I could not figure out where the car was until the link code said NC. [It is sold, BTW]

Is that factory paint?

Cobramustang1993

Established Member
I like to inspect a car first. I also like to see the proper title before delivering a Bank Check for the amount since I don't know the seller.

I could not figure out where the car was until the link code said NC. [It is sold, BTW]

Is that factory paint?
Currently there is a 93R on the Bay for $118K. Seems like prices are trending up. If 93R’s have blown past $100K, when do you think 00R’s, which are the best of the bunch will break $100K? I’m thinking soon.

I think values of the R's can't be accurately established because so few are being resold at this point......Obviously, "wrappers" are going for the top of the spectrum, because relatively few are found in that condition.....The market is whatever someone is willing to pay.....Right now I think the 95R is the value leader, because of the accelerating values of the 93R and 2000R.......Once these cars are purchased a 2nd or 3rd time, they are in permanent collections, and we won't be
seeing them for quite some time on the market....I sold my first 93R in 2007 for 80K, when at that time, the market was trending towards 100K.....I would say that the 93R is destined to hit that mark in the next 5 years for sure, with the 2000R to follow.......

JeremyBoc

Established Member
I think values of the R's can't be accurately established because so few are being resold at this point......Obviously, "wrappers" are going for the top of the spectrum, because relatively few are found in that condition.....The market is whatever someone is willing to pay.....Right now I think the 95R is the value leader, because of the accelerating values of the 93R and 2000R.......Once these cars are purchased a 2nd or 3rd time, they are in permanent collections, and we won't be
seeing them for quite some time on the market....I sold my first 93R in 2007 for 80K, when at that time, the market was trending towards 100K.....I would say that the 93R is destined to hit that mark in the next 5 years for sure, with the 2000R to follow.......

What are your thoughts on the R's that were actually raced? I don't see those listed for sale recently.

Users who are viewing this thread