Race Fuel with Pump Gas Stoich

helloWorld

Established Member
I am tuned for pump 93 and am going to a roll racing event later today and I was wanting to mix some good fuel in my tank just for safety. I was told MS109 was perfect for what I am wanting, but my local VP distributor does not have any.

Are there any other suggestions for a VP or Sunoco race fuel that will have the similar tuning values as pump gasoline so that I am not going too lean or too rich?

bigmoose

Established Member
I would think a can of torco would do what you want. It won't mess with a/f and will add some protection. Not sure if it's on the shelf anywhere near you though.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

ClayDee

Established Member
I am tuned for pump 93 and am going to a roll racing event later today and I was wanting to mix some good fuel in my tank just for safety. I was told MS109 was perfect for what I am wanting, but my local VP distributor does not have any.

Are there any other suggestions for a VP or Sunoco race fuel that will have the similar tuning values as pump gasoline so that I am not going too lean or too rich?

I use VP MS100, very similar STOICH to pump 93. I second on the TORCO also, used it in the past.

1998SVTCOBRA

With all due respect...
Established Member
Reviving this. I am doing a 1/2 mile even next month and the organizer is offering all Sunoco products.

I am tuned for 93 and want that bit of protection. I was looking at the 260GT and the 260GTX. The GTX has a bit less octane but zero added oxygen weight, which I'm thinking won't mess with my air/fuel and is even closer to 93 stoich ratio. Anyone have thoughts or opinion between these two?

https://www.sunocoracefuels.com/fuels/compare-fuels

Blown38

Established Member
Reviving this. I am doing a 1/2 mile even next month and the organizer is offering all Sunoco products.

I am tuned for 93 and want that bit of protection. I was looking at the 260GT and the 260GTX. The GTX has a bit less octane but zero added oxygen weight, which I'm thinking won't mess with my air/fuel and is even closer to 93 stoich ratio. Anyone have thoughts or opinion between these two?

https://www.sunocoracefuels.com/fuels/compare-fuels

If the 93 you use is not oxygenated (not E10) then run the 260GTX. If the 93 you use is oxygenated(E10) then run the 260GT.

1998SVTCOBRA

With all due respect...
Established Member
If the 93 you use is not oxygenated (not E10) then run the 260GTX. If the 93 you use is oxygenated(E10) then run the 260GT.

This may be a dumb question, but how would I know if the gas I'm getting is E10? Is it state by state, or depends on the gas station? I assume it says on the pump, and I am just not paying attention

Blown38

Established Member
Most everything is E10 nowadays. Sometimes around areas with lots of boats some stations will carry non oxygenated fuel. If the pump says oxygenated it is E10. And could be E15. But it should be labeled as such.

Users who are viewing this thread