Rebuilder?

BadBlue98GT

Established Member
My Raptor is quickly approaching the 100K mile mark and instead of getting a new truck, I'm thinking of freshening up the motor with a rebuild, maybe adding a little horsepower (500 RWHP goal), and getting the transmission gone through as well. Both the interior and exterior are still in great shape so I see no need in shelling out big bucks for another truck, especially since I'm also in the market for a '13/'14 GT500.

I'm interested in forum member feedback from those that have gotten a rebuild/new motor from Livernois, Hennessey, and some of the other aftermarket companies that deal with Raptors.

I'm also interested in feedback from those aftermarket companies to answer the following questions:
1. Expected amount of downtime to perform a motor and trans rebuild.
2. Ballpark cost figure...not looking to build something to win the Baja 1000...just a nice build that will last me another 100K with some added horsepower.
3. Warranty information.

Livernois Motorsports

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
My Raptor is quickly approaching the 100K mile mark and instead of getting a new truck, I'm thinking of freshening up the motor with a rebuild, maybe adding a little horsepower (500 RWHP goal), and getting the transmission gone through as well. Both the interior and exterior are still in great shape so I see no need in shelling out big bucks for another truck, especially since I'm also in the market for a '13/'14 GT500.

I'm interested in forum member feedback from those that have gotten a rebuild/new motor from Livernois, Hennessey, and some of the other aftermarket companies that deal with Raptors.

I'm also interested in feedback from those aftermarket companies to answer the following questions:
1. Expected amount of downtime to perform a motor and trans rebuild.
2. Ballpark cost figure...not looking to build something to win the Baja 1000...just a nice build that will last me another 100K with some added horsepower.
3. Warranty information.

I know you are looking for member feedback, but if there is anything we can answer for you, just let us know!

BadBlue98GT

Established Member
I know you are looking for member feedback, but if there is anything we can answer for you, just let us know!

I would appreciate any information you could provide with regard to the last three questions. How long will it take? How much will it cost? And what sort of warranty comes with your work?

Not sure if I want a supercharger or not, but as far as the motor is concerned, I'm looking at freshening up the shortblock (not really looking for a stroker because of reliability concerns), port the heads, cams, intake, headers, and a tune. For the trans, I'm looking at just simply going through it and replacing the worn parts/stuff that won't last for another 100K.

Last edited:

Livernois Motorsports

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I would appreciate any information you could provide with regard to the last three questions. How long will it take? How much will it cost? And what sort of warranty comes with your work?

Not sure if I want a supercharger or not, but as far as the motor is concerned, I'm looking at freshening up the shortblock (not really looking for a stroker because of reliability concerns), port the heads, cams, intake, headers, and a tune. For the trans, I'm looking at just simply going through it and replacing the worn parts/stuff that won't last for another 100K.

Well, we have a bunch of different options that will impact the answer on the first two at least. As for warranty, we have a one year warranty on our workmanship on the builds we do. Now, we have street series, pro series, and race series engines in 6.2 and 6.6 flavors. The most popular of course is our 6.6 stroker with our ported heads and camshafts. I will PM you after this post to gather your info so we can get the specifics hammered out so we can answer timeline, and cost.

Users who are viewing this thread