Recent video at Watkins Glen in my 01' Cobra trying to keep at 16' 350R in my sights

VNEMUS

Established Member
Recent video at Watkins Glen in my 01' Cobra trying to keep a 16' 350R in my sights

Lots of fast Mustangs at this Phoenix CMR event last week (6/20/16 & 6/21/16), especially in the Advanced Run Group, including a white FR500S, blue and orange Boss 302's, a gray GT350, a black GT500 and a black 2016 Mustang Shelby 350R (#58) that I point by and proceed to do my best to keep him in my sights for a couple laps in traffic, resulting in a new personal best for of 2:11.26.:banana: Forward to the 14 minute and 30 second mark:

https://www.youtube.com/embed/avYbqcpqAN4

GoPro mounted on my front hood (sorry for the wind noise) and data was taken via a slow 1Hz data refresh rate Trackmaster Phone App, which is why the MPH and G-Force data appear so wacky. I'm usually able to capture 10Hz data from a Qstarz BT818 GPS, but the battery died earlier.

Last edited:

WPBcobra

Established Member
Looks like fun. I am planning to run the Glen at NASA Nationals. Going to be my 1st time there

VNEMUS

Established Member

BlackStripes

Established Member
hehe... I am sure the owner of the 350R wasn't pleased with the little Cobra driven by Craig behind him pushing him!!

Great driving my friend, like always!

VTGhost

Established Member
Great Video and Driving! I would love to get my 03 Cobra around Watkins Glenn soon!

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Great driving! WG is one of my favorite tracks along with VIR. Can't wait to get back there and drive that new pavement. :thumbsup::coolman: :beer:

VNEMUS

Established Member
hehe... I am sure the owner of the 350R wasn't pleased with the little Cobra driven by Craig behind him pushing him!!

Great driving my friend, like always!
Hahaha, I doubt he even realized I was even behind him for a short while. He was my rabbit that session.:pepper:

Great driving! WG is one of my favorite tracks along with VIR. Can't wait to get back there and drive that new pavement. :thumbsup::coolman: :beer:
Thanks Bruce! I'm tentatively planning to go back on Friday, Saturday & Sunday, 10/14 - 10/16, with Hooked On Driving. When do you think you'll get back down there next?

Watching you chase the 350R was awesome, seeing you pass the Huracan was much cooler IMO.
Lol, I practically forgot about the Lambo at the beginning! That car's acceleration is impressive! I'm surprised he actually pointed me by. That was pretty satisfying!:)

86Fbody

Established Member
Lol, I practically forgot about the Lambo at the beginning! That car's acceleration is impressive! I'm surprised he actually pointed me by. That was pretty satisfying!:)

Shows he is a considerate driver, could have also been due to you coming rather close around the corner he was walking around ha.

Steveespo

Established Member
That 350R is a '15 and is driven by the one and only Black Boss. Good friend of mine. Great driving and was cool to see you pick up so much time after pointing him by. Nick's PB at The Glen is a 2:07.76 in that car, 2:09.37 in his '12 Laguna Seca. Hope to see you out there next season.
Steve

Steveespo

Established Member
Here is my 2016 fast lap at The Glen. 2016 Performance Pack GT, GT350 manifold and ARH headers, Ford Racing track springs, dampers and sway bars, Maximum Motorsports camber plates and 295/40-18 Hoosier R7s
<iframe width="854" height="480" src="" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Users who are viewing this thread