Recommendations for washing buckets?

Coiled03

Established Member
I've been out of the game of giving a crap about my car for awhile, now. Haven't had one worth taking care of for years.

Anyhow, I'm trying to get back into it, and need to get some basics. I'm looking for two buckets with grit guards. So far, the only ones I've seen are Chemical Guys, and from what I've read, the grit guards are proprietary in that they won't fit in a standard 5-gallon bucket, forcing you to buy one of their for a ridiculous price. Are there any other good bucket/grit guard combos out there?

C0bra99

Established Member
The Adams GG works in the 5 gal bucket from HD. Get a wookie fist, a good MF drying towel. If you're feeling spendy get a Air force Master Blaster.

NastyGT500

Naples Premier Detailer!
Established Member
Yep, you can go with regular 5 gallon buckets from wherever and use standard grit guards. They will fit fine.

StrayBullitt

Established Member
upload_2018-7-31_1-19-57.png

upload_2018-7-31_1-20-20.png

The Bucket I have, I really like it.

M91196

Established Member
Detailed image sells bucket for $12, grit guards for $7 and fancy wash, rinse and wheel stickers for $2

Detailed Image FTW, sign up for their emails and you’ll get 10-15% off in a day or two I bet if they aren’t running a special already. Excellent customer service and for me very quick, being in NY.

HausCobra

Established Member
I bought grit guards from amazon and Home Depot 5 gallon buckets. Work fine

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Users who are viewing this thread