Removing Dealer Stickers For A Cleaner Looking Rear Deck/Rear Hatch

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Thanks for the write up Bob I'm going to use this on my Cobra it has one on the deck lid below the SVT emblem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Breitling

Established Member
Hey guys, I just picked up a used F-150 with the "FX4" stickers on the rear part of the truck bed. I'd like to remove them to give the truck a cleaner, simpler look. Should I follow the same advice as above, or is there another method for these OEM stickers? Thank you.
IMG_8270.JPG

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Hey guys, I just picked up a used F-150 with the "FX4" stickers on the rear part of the truck bed. I'd like to remove them to give the truck a cleaner, simpler look. Should I follow the same advice as above, or is there another method for these OEM stickers? Thank you.View attachment 1409592
Same process, but not sure why you would remove the FX4 sticker.

Hwy. Chile

Established Member
Thanks Bob for the lesson. So annoying that dealers put their name on _my_ car, that I ordered. It's an eyesore until going through the headache of removing it.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Kiohtee

Established Member
Dealer stickers have never bothered me. For sure they're unsightly, but it takes literally 5-10 minutes, depending on age and stubbornness (of the sticker, not some of you), with a hairdryer and some automotive Goo Gone and it's like it was never there. *shrugs*

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Lol I just removed a dealer sticker from my car too, I haven't given the car a thorough cleaning yet, so the residue is still sort of there. You can see it unless the car gets dusty but it does leave a perfect signature on the car in the dust. Which is kind of funny.

I won't say the dealership here, but it rhymes with Buck Manderson.

:D

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Thanks Bob for the lesson. So annoying that dealers put their name on _my_ car, that I ordered. It's an eyesore until going through the headache of removing it.
Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com
I agree. It's rare to have a dealer sticker look so good that you'd like to keep it. Or one that blends without looking like the add-on that it is. I did, though, have a dealer sticker on my old 2014 Mini Cooper S mounted on the rear hatch window that looked like one of those European rally stickers. I actually liked it, and kept it on the entire time I owned it.

;) Imagine THIS one on the back of your muscle car.
mGwnbIkygmJPnZaoQhV3Beg.jpg

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
All those steps to remove those dealer labels?

Step 1: spray wax, plastic razor blade.

Step 2: cleaner wax.

Before I picked up my CTS-V in February I told them no dealer stickers, plate frame, and not to remove any of the plastic inside/bs on the windows/no clean up what so ever. I didn't want detail touching it. They were happy to oblige, only because I lived so far away. Looked like I stole the car when I trailered it back home. LOL

Users who are viewing this thread