Removing window tint adhesive

naaman

Established Member
So, I tried searching without much luck. But here is my issue. I am going to detail my brother’s tundra later this month, and he recently got a ticket for too dark tint so he peeled it off himself and left TONS of adhesive on the glass and I’ve never done this before! Some spots are literally the size of my palm and bigger!!!

Any ideas wat to use to remove it? I’ve been doing a lot of research online but nothing really gives me any products to use!

jdcobra

Established Member
Maybe try something like “Goof off?” They sell it at Home Depot or any home improvement store. Great for removing adhesives

LuuisHernandez

Established Member
Get a blade and spray some water on your window, or goo gone. Then, you should be able to scrape it off. Just make sure you use a slight angle with the blade and it should easily come off.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
Acetone. I removed the tint from one of my vehicles with it. Let it work in there a little bit and just rub off..... the adhesive from the tint you dirty minded mofos

HudsonFalcon

Established Member
I used my wife's garment steamer to remove the hideous tint job from my Cobra when I bought it. Came off clean no residue.

RRMBrembo

Established Member
I used my wife's garment steamer to remove the hideous tint job from my Cobra when I bought it. Came off clean no residue.
This is a good call. From my understanding most professional shops use steam machines to remove tint.

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
So, I tried searching without much luck. But here is my issue. I am going to detail my brother’s tundra later this month, and he recently got a ticket for too dark tint so he peeled it off himself and left TONS of adhesive on the glass and I’ve never done this before! Some spots are literally the size of my palm and bigger!!!

Any ideas wat to use to remove it? I’ve been doing a lot of research online but nothing really gives me any products to use!

Be REALLY ****ing careful if you're using a blade on the back window. VERY easy to mess up the defrosted wiring that's essentially painted on.

Helomech74

Established Member
I used to manage a tint shop and we always used a steamer to remove the tint without leaving adhesive behind. Works like a champ.

TuFFstang

Established Member
Garbage bag and 409 (no sent). Spray the inside of glass and place the cut to size plastic inside, it’ll cling to the underside. Let it sit in sun for 15-20 minutes with the windows up and peel off. Clean spots with microfiber cloth & 409.

Users who are viewing this thread