Replaced the lifted daily truck with GTR.. kept Viper. Pics inside!

Blown02

Established Member
I was never really into the truck even when I jacked it up and modified it.. just didn’t use it for truck activities..

So I traded it in on a ‘16 black edition with 2k Miles.. I just tinted the windows, tail lights, and side markers. I added some carbon for the fender emblems and vents as well as the door handles. Swapped the front and rear emblems with black chrome emblems.. had to get rid of that chrome and add a little dark contrast..

Think I’m just going to do an AAM midpipe, and COBB tune. Pickup 80-100flywheel hp and keep it for a couple years.. thinking Porsche turbo s long term but I really enjoy the gtr. Totally different then my ‘16 viper.

Thought some might enjoy the pics.

Also threw in a pic of my viper and dads huracan at the car show this weekend.. nola Motorsports cats and coffee.. over last couple of weeks I did a carbon wing, door sills, custome fuel rails, x brace. Also tinted the windows and side markers. Prob just going to do a pulley and tune on this one to get it up 50hp.

old truck: ‘17 6.2 w/ fabtech 7.5, 35s on 20s, amp boards, tune etc
ca1o5YM.png

‘16 blk edition gtr
n6tORSV.jpg

NbNwEfB.jpg

rny16rY.jpg

6HHhHQc.jpg

Nola Motorsports cars and coffee:
8Q8UPGg.jpg

ezoHcEh.jpg

thetastelingers

eyem speshul
Established Member
You'll enjoy it. Don't get caught up in adding tons of horsepower to the car. Leave it FBO or below and enjoy it for a long time. You are on the right track with mid pipe and Cobb tune. Add intakes if you want some more intake sound.
Good looking car.

gofast15

Established Member
very nice purchase . Do FBO E85 and you will have a low 10 sec car
That Verde Mantis Huracan is sick

automoto

Established Member
nice gtr i've been having a debate between buying a gtr, gt500 or porsche 997 turbo. I drove a 14' black edition a few weeks ago, was a blast at high speeds but didnt seem to like low speeds and just cruising. What also scares me is the maintenance costs and parts pricing on the gtr and porsche. Any tips or pointers with the car that could sway me either way would be much appreciated. Thanks and congrats, beautiful cars!

Blown02

Established Member
My dad hasn’t hass a 991 Turbo next a 997 Turbo. Very nice clean sts..
The gtr is especially impressive at lower speeds I’ve found ms. Red ligjt to red light very impressive. My viper is more impressive at the higher speeds

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
The GTR is bad ass! Quite a pair you have there! Congrats!

Sn95Snake

Established Member
Two completely different cars. It would be awesome to be able to experience either at any given time! Beautiful GTR and Perfect color choice on the Viper!

Never_Enough

Established Member
nice gtr i've been having a debate between buying a gtr, gt500 or porsche 997 turbo. I drove a 14' black edition a few weeks ago, was a blast at high speeds but didnt seem to like low speeds and just cruising. What also scares me is the maintenance costs and parts pricing on the gtr and porsche. Any tips or pointers with the car that could sway me either way would be much appreciated. Thanks and congrats, beautiful cars!
Get the 997.

Users who are viewing this thread