Return Fuel System is a controller needed?

ghill2011gt

Established Member
I have the JPC dual pump return style fuel system that I plan to install but there is not a controller to make the 2nd pump come on under boost. My question is why would I need to buy an $200 controller when I could just by a couple 30 amp relays. One to start the pump when the key is turned on and the other to start the 2nd pump off a hobbs switch? What is the advantage of this expensive controller.

vortecd

Established Member
I would run both pumps all the time, that was my plan. I ran 2 pumps on my '87 LX for over 10 years and never had an issue

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
if you aren't dead heading it helps with evap emissions/boiling fuel not to run both pumps full tilt all the time.

I dont know the controllers in any detail to answer that question, to my understanding is its basically what youre describing already

JeremyH

Established Member
You can aboslutely do it your self and run all your own fused power wires, relays, triggers, ground wires and switches etc.

Controller is nice for convienence and ease of install and appeals to masses more who are often intimadted by wiring.

I run a smaller pump as my always on pump for idle/cruise and my second big 465 pump on a hobbs switch for about 5 years now. My preference for a street car.

If you run 2 of the same size pumps stagger/swap your always on pump and hobbs pump every year or so.

Users who are viewing this thread