Reverse Gear Lockout Solenoid from GM cars

IllCobra

Established Member
I am getting closer on getting my motor and trans put together and reinstalled. But before i put everything back in, i would like to fix all the little problems i had before the tare down. One of them was that it was freaking hard to get it into reverse. Once it was in, there was no noise or popping out of gear; it was just hard getting it to go into reverse. After some research on here, i found that it's more than likely the reverse gear lockout solenoid.

I found them for sale on ebay for about $100. http://www.ebay.com/itm/132085398476?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

But they're for GM T56 trans cars. So my obvious question is, will it work on the cobra's T56?

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
From my memory that looks just like ours. I can't imagine there being a difference. Maybe someone that's been under their car recently will chime in.

IllCobra

Established Member
From my memory that looks just like ours. I can't imagine there being a difference. Maybe someone that's been under their car recently will chime in.
My trans is actually out and it does look similar, but does that mean it will work... I'll see if i can get a picture

IllCobra

Established Member

It does look close...

Users who are viewing this thread