Ridiculous names

VerySneaky

Bug Annihilator
Established Member
Please, had twins in class named Oranjello & Yellanjello. Apparently they were named after the parents two favorite colors of...Jello. Bet you'll never guess what culture they were a part of.
My wife had an Oranjello in her class last year.
My mom used to inspect daycare homes. One kid was named Vaginia, you know, after the great state of Virginia.

ssssnake

Established Member
I always thought Dick Butkus was a good name.

I worked for a firm that processed all of the Medicare claims in Texas. I processed a claim for Almond Fudge - really.

I'm also from Houston. How could Houstonians forget Ima Hogg?

My daughter-in-law named the first two of my grandkids Trinity and Tristen. She wanted to name the third one Theodocia. I drew the line there. I told her that everyone would call her Theo. She changed it to Teagan.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
I used to work in insurance subrogation and one day I was going through a file and noticed the last name Gobble. Chuckled to myself a little until I scanned a little more and saw a first name of, I shit you not, Richard... and at that point it was full on attempted containment of laughter at my desk. For probably 5min I tried to pull it together but as I kept reading it got worse as this Mr Dick Gobble was only 16 years old at the time. Kid must have had a horrible time in high school.

Sent from my SM-G935P using the svtperformance.com mobile app

ssssnake

Established Member
I used to work in insurance subrogation and one day I was going through a file and noticed the last name Gobble. Chuckled to myself a little until I scanned a little more and saw a first name of, I shit you not, Richard... and at that point it was full on attempted containment of laughter at my desk. For probably 5min I tried to pull it together but as I kept reading it got worse as this Mr Dick Gobble was only 16 years old at the time. Kid must have had a horrible time in high school

It would have been better if his last name was Gobbler.....just sayin'.

I had a client whose name was Martin Martin. His parents were innovative.

_Snake_

Established Member
It would have been better if his last name was Gobbler.....just sayin'.

I had a client whose name was Martin Martin. His parents were innovative.

A childhood friend dad's name was Phillip Phillips.

I'll have to ask my wife for more - she was an ER nurse and heard some doozies.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
a79.jpg

ZcGbtnjaQBjSGhk-J9lEYTHByUkQxZZTYnQyRPChTO8.jpg

had a vietnamese kid in my class in 8th grade named Dung lol. went by Danny

knew a little kid named Rolex.

my wife was at the store and in line in front of her was an older mexican lady talking to her young grandson in spanish. his name was Rosenburg. we still joke about that one. i said it was probably the man's name who's house she cleans. possibly even the baby's real daddy :eek:

IllCobra

Established Member
had a vietnamese kid in my class in 8th grade named Dung lol. went by Danny

knew a little kid named Rolex.

my wife was at the store and in line in front of her was an older mexican lady talking to her young grandson in spanish. his name was Rosenburg. we still joke about that one. i said it was probably the man's name who's house she cleans. possibly even the baby's real daddy :eek:

LMAO! Nope it was the landscaper's kid!! I shit you not, I had a mexican friend in high school who had an uncle with a kid named Logan Rockwell. Now, the name wasn't so strange until my buddy told me the story why he had such a "white guy" name. Turned out his uncle, who owned a landscaping business, banged one of his client's that was married and got her pregnant. She had the baby but never told her husband it might be another guy's lol It took several months for the husband to realize that the baby was getting a nice natural tan and that he had facial features neither him or his wife had. I guess the wife ended up telling the husband and he demanded she give the kid to the real dad. According to my friend, Senor Sergio ended up getting the kid and a nice check every month, i guess they worked out some sort of deal where he would take care of the kid until he's an adult and they would send him money BUT he could never contact them. The couple sold their big ass house and moved out of state hahaha

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
LMAO! Nope it was the landscaper's kid!! I shit you not, I had a mexican friend in high school who had an uncle with a kid named Logan Rockwell. Now, the name wasn't so strange until my buddy told me the story why he had such a "white guy" name. Turned out his uncle, who owned a landscaping business, banged one of his client's that was married and got her pregnant. She had the baby but never told her husband it might be another guy's lol It took several months for the husband to realize that the baby was getting a nice natural tan and that he had facial features neither him or his wife had. I guess the wife ended up telling the husband and he demanded she give the kid to the real dad. According to my friend, Senor Sergio ended up getting the kid and a nice check every month, i guess they worked out some sort of deal where he would take care of the kid until he's an adult and they would send him money BUT he could never contact them. The couple sold their big ass house and moved out of state hahaha

hmm...seems like this uncle gets around...

jmsa540

Established Member
Worked with someone whose first name was Constance and last name Coward. Also, recently met someone whose first name was "Cord".... Yes, Cord, as in "extension cord".

Ohio Snake

Established Member
nope:
Harry Wang was an actual name my wife audited in a company.

Seymour Hiney was a wholesaler for Longines watches.

Hu Flung Poo is a variation of:
When someone crank calls a Chinese Restaurant inquiring about whether they have certain items on their menu, one being Hu Flung Pu (Who Flung Poo) and the other being the notorious Cream of Sum Yung Gai or Cream of Sum Hung Gai (Some Young Guy or Some Hung Guy). If the order taker doesn't speak English very well, the crank convo can turn out to be humorous.
Cranker: Yes, good evening, I was wondering if you have Hu Flung Pu on your menu?
Order Taker: Hu Flung Pu, no we have Hu Shu Bean Curd and Pu Pu Platter, which you like for take out?
Cranker: Does the Pu Pu Platter come with a lot of Pu Pu
Order Taker: Let me read you what comes with Pu Pu Platter

Fuk Yoo and Fuk Mi were the twins in an Austin Power movie.

And one more:
Brother In Laws Own a upscale Chinese Restaurant. Their names are Xiang Poon and Le Tang. Their last names combined spell Poontang. Making it even better, they had custom plates "POON"and "TANG" on their cars.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

spectreman

Established Member
^^ I heard the same story...except named after the flavors....Oranjello and Lemonjello.

This is a true story. My wife worked w/this person. She named her two kids after her favorite flavors of Jello. When my wife told me this story, I just stood there shaking my head.

Another co-worker named her daughter 'Female' and sounded it out like Fem-oll-ie, cuz she thought the hospital named her baby for her. Fer real.

In college, I knew a kid named 'Yorel'. His parents named him that because too many of his counterparts were named 'Leroy'. Oy.

I chuckle when I watch the new stories about Laquanda, Daquisha, Demarquez, Lafascia, etc. All ancient cultural names, fer sure.

Users who are viewing this thread