Road Course / TT / HPDE clutch recommendation

Dave.O

Established Member
I have been running a spec 2+ for almost a year with 10 approx road course weekends on it. Some street driving mostly to/from tracks.
Clutch is essentially shot, adjusted all the way out and chatters feels like it may be starting to slip under hard acceleration in low gears.
Honestly not impressed, I actually thought stock was better and more durable in same application. I do not do hard launches on it.
I actually like the pedal feel of stock.
I'm upgrading to a 26 spline input too, recommendations from fellow track drivers for better longevity?

John M

Blue Oval
Established Member
I'm building mine for road courses also, I'm going to run rxt with 26 spline, talking to others seems that was the best choice

John M

Blue Oval
Established Member
McLeod I forgot to say before with a fidanza flywheel and all the other clutch parts quadrant etc sounded like you had most of the stuff, turbovenom on here is a vendor and really nice

centerforce

Established Member
Dave, our Dual Friction clutch has just about the same pedal pressure as stock, and will last a long, long time in street/moderate performance driving applications! These units also come standard with a 26-spline friction disc for upgraded trans.

Last edited:

Dave.O

Established Member
Reviving my old thread...
Clutch finally done, although it did end up last 6 months longer than expected.
going to be done this with in the next 30 days, still looking for recommendations.
additional input, also looking for something smoother than spec 2+, down shifts at high speed were sometimes difficult to engage and abrupt.
Even with rev match and slipping, which at times would upset the car.
which is not good when you're done 120+ in a turn and trying to go from 5th to 4th so that the prosche/lotus/etc doesn't catch you while setting up for the next straight.

needs smooth engagement, better shiftability at high speeds and reasonable longevity.

recommendations for road course drivers?

centerforce

Established Member
Reviving my old thread...
Clutch finally done, although it did end up last 6 months longer than expected.
going to be done this with in the next 30 days, still looking for recommendations.
additional input, also looking for something smoother than spec 2+, down shifts at high speed were sometimes difficult to engage and abrupt.
Even with rev match and slipping, which at times would upset the car.
which is not good when you're done 120+ in a turn and trying to go from 5th to 4th so that the prosche/lotus/etc doesn't catch you while setting up for the next straight.

needs smooth engagement, better shiftability at high speeds and reasonable longevity.

recommendations for road course drivers?

Hi Dave, we'd be happy to speak with you in more detail about a clutch that meets your needs. Please feel free to shoot us a PM anytime!

ashleyroachclip

Established Member
I have run nothing but the Center force dual friction clutches in my Mustang s .
Long life , reasonable pedal feel , good price.
I also suggest the factory Ford clutch cable , and plenty of lube before install.
I did have to go to a firewall adjuster, and quadrant , only because I could not get the clutch to disengage properly at high rpm with the factory adjustable quadrant .

Users who are viewing this thread