Roll racing...... WHY???

spray'n mach 1

Established Member
usually dig racing has more to do with suspension setups, drag radials, etc. most people with a weekend car isn't going to put a lot of money and time into being a great dig car but likes to line em up every once in a while.

busta

REDRCKT
Established Member
I prefer to race from a roll simply because I break less shit haha

Poppacapp

Established Member
Much easier on the driveline. GT500 parts are not cheap to replace, and I prefer not to "shock" it to death at the track on slicks all the time.

Plus most on the fly runs on the street are going to be rolls anyway.

MASSHOLE_SN95

Established Member
Wow, you guys must all have some BIG HP cars to all be worried about breaking things....
Roll race proves nothing. Wanna know who the better driver/car is? Only way to do it is from a dig!

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
Wow, you guys must all have some BIG HP cars to all be worried about breaking things....
Roll race proves nothing. Wanna know who the better driver/car is? Only way to do it is from a dig!

Yeah.. We get it.. You think you're superior because you race your slow, too gutless to break parts Cobra from a dig. Congrats :rollseyes

Poppacapp

Established Member

I couldn't care less what someone else thinks of my driving skills. They are not the ones paying for the broken parts. And I would think 600+ ft/lb of torque could possibly break something.

MASSHOLE_SN95

Established Member
I couldn't care less what someone else thinks of my driving skills. They are not the ones paying for the broken parts. And I would think 600+ ft/lb of torque could possibly break something.

It must suck to drive around scared to break something. Maybe you should switch cars with your wife!! :poke:

98$vt

i love white girls
Established Member
Op are you stating that you don't race from a roll cause you don't know how? :shrug:

Honaker10

OLD MAN STATUS
Established Member
Drag racing determines driver. Roll racing takes out alot of driver error and determines faster car. Old guys don't understand this for some reason

88SvTSnake

98 SVT Transplant
Established Member
MASSHOLE; you have a 13 sec car with 430 gears! No wonder why you like to go from a dig!!!!!!! " I stuck you out of the hole, but you ran me down at 50!" 430 really!!!!!!!!! Maybe that's why you suck at 30mph, your already in 4th gear!

4valved

Banned
^^^ nothing wrong with 430s.

Op just doesn't understand cause he lives his life a 1/4 mile at a time.

As stated before it takes out driver error and proves the faster car not driver....

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
Roll racing shouldn't be done with cars under 600rwhp. Even more.

That being said this thread is bullshit

95SlowBra

Roll races are what you typically get! You can't stop for a nice dig on the interstate! I'm running 430's and I still love roll races! A race is a race right? As far as determining whether or not you are a superior driver because you know how to launch you're car is irrelevant! ITS YOUR CAR! Sounds like someone got beat one to many times rolling. I'll take a 40 roll all day long! Fun is fun and fast is fast!

KoBra_98

TT04 98KoBra 70Boss302
Established Member
Roll races are what you typically get! You can't stop for a nice dig on the interstate!

^^ you also need a safe place to go from a dig. roll can happen about anywhere. to get a high HP car to hook good from a dig a lot of times you need a little prep time too. lets face it, most of the time things are going to be from a roll.

Users who are viewing this thread