Rumor: 7.0L N/A V8 in new GT500

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
2019 is the 50th Aniversary of the Boss 429, Ford has already brought back the Boss 302 so why not bring back the Big Brother?

There’s no way the 7.0 would fit in the s550 so they’d need a new body style or at least a modification. In 2019 the Mustang is getting an update which could allow the engine to fit.

The 7.0 is being produced starting next year at Windsor and is going in the New Raptors so that gives Ford a block to build off of tallow Ford to produce a true Boss 429 with the correct size engine.
I can find 0 evidence the 7L is going in the Raptor.

It's all rumors and based on the articles you read, it's the same article over and over.

I would love to be wrong.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
2020 leaked engine document showed a 7.3L gas V8.
A stroked 6.2 SOHC Raptor motor with 7+L (and even better with DOHC) would be baller!
-J

lOOKnGO

Keep'um smiling
Established Member
The 7.0 (429) toughest gas truck engine Ford ever made. I have one!
128c75594a3087a0fd5c814a88156029.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
F-150's aren't that hard to find, but Broncos with a manual and a 300 I-6 are much tougher to find.
That 300 was great, could not kill it.
My friend has one with over 400k, he did the mains and rod bearings though.

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
there will be no high HP muscle car ever produced again that doesn't have a power adder. things just get too heavy otherwise and fuel consumption becomes unbearable!

UNLESS...... its electric and that will be the way of the future as fossil fuels will eventually be ousted! but that a decade or more away.

your most expensive and most powerful super cars are already incorporating electric at like 1300 hp and weighing less then 3000 lbs.

Last edited:

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I was referring to trucks, not toy trucks that would fit in the back my truck. That is an excellent little engine though.

Little trucks like the ones that deliver all the parts to keep that 429 running?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSAwKMEKEled3Mb0z9_I8Bg7RloXmJByi9vdKDwzimlWpKPLVdJEw.jpg

Or the ones that deliver the fuel for that big block?

Ford-N-7000.png

lOOKnGO

Keep'um smiling
Established Member
Great points, but I'll stick with my 6 mpg. High torque beast.

BTW the NASCAR Boss 429 had a hemispheric piston, that put out so much N/A power that NASCAR disallowed its use. The old big headed Boss 429 would fit in these late model Mustangs.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Could ford really shoe horn a 7 liter engine into a mustang?

I don't see why they'd ever need to. The idea is to make as much power with as little as possible. The GT and the Raptor follow this mantra (for the most part) and while the Mustang gets a hall pass and keeps the V8 I don't see a shift back to large displacement engines - ever. A power adder on top of 5.0/5.2 liters can produce all the power Ford needs it to.

conceptmachine

Established Member
You are right Tob. A lot of guys just love big NA cars, not necessarily the power they provide, but all the other Pros as well. I would have loved to have seen the 429/427 come for 1 last time, but realize it would be a money pit, to only sell in limited quantities, not to mention that their slogan is getting away from large displacement. Still, a TT v8 would have been a nice change up, although I'm sure this next supercharged car will deliver the goods

01SVTSnake

Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud
Established Member
2019 is the 50th Aniversary of the Boss 429, Ford has already brought back the Boss 302 so why not bring back the Big Brother?

There’s no way the 7.0 would fit in the s550 so they’d need a new body style or at least a modification. In 2019 the Mustang is getting an update which could allow the engine to fit.

The 7.0 is being produced starting next year at Windsor and is going in the New Raptors so that gives Ford a block to build off of tallow Ford to produce a true Boss 429 with the correct size engine.

Dates, yes they line up. The 2019 Mustang is not getting and update. They just did a facelift for 2018. They won't abandon that after one model year. I believe its 20 or 21 for the S650 chassis. So nope

The 7L in the Raptor is a nice thought but don't count on it. Its a superduty/towing engine. Not a high speed dirt/desert/off-roader motor. People (myself included) bitched about the 3.5 V6 and I still bought one. Fords sales numbers don't lie so there isn't any reason to expect any potential for a change until 2020 when the hybrid F150s are introduced and will help with overall CAFE numbers. As long as Ford is exporting these to China (Which they are) the 3.5 will still be an option as China has a costly displacement tax. I doubt Ford would spend the money to have additional lines for export Raptors vs North America. Especially with the new CEO.

My .02

Users who are viewing this thread