Running lean

Johngreg

Established Member
My car was driving good but punched a 3rd gear pull and something had come off. Then wideband said I’m running lean at 17.0. Scanned for codes and got
P2197 P
P2270 P
P2272 P
Also have a exhaust leak, how can I confirm where it’s from? And where should I look for the lean issue or first steps for both these issues.

cj428mach

Established Member
What makes you think you have an exhaust leak and what is your exhaust setup?

Passenger side mid pipe to manifold is common. If you have headers pretty much could be anywhere.

Terminator Dave

Established Member
My car was driving good but punched a 3rd gear pull and something had come off. Then wideband said I’m running lean at 17.0. Scanned for codes and got
P2197 P
P2270 P
P2272 P
Also have a exhaust leak, how can I confirm where it’s from? And where should I look for the lean issue or first steps for both these issues.
Have you looked up those DTC codes, and if so, where are they?

Sent from my 2PS64 using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Johngreg

Established Member
What makes you think you have an exhaust leak and what is your exhaust setup?

Passenger side mid pipe to manifold is common. If you have headers pretty much could be anywhere.
It just sounds very very loud at idle like there’s a exhaust leak. Setup is stock manifolds with bbk off road pipe and Borla stingers.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
Usually if it's both banks something else is wrong. Like a vacuum leak at the intake or something. Check for hoses that have popped off. As for the exhaust leak, you're going to to have to get under the car and listen. Sometimes you can see black soot around where it's leaking.

Johngreg

Established Member
Usually if it's both banks something else is wrong. Like a vacuum leak at the intake or something. Check for hoses that have popped off. As for the exhaust leak, you're going to to have to get under the car and listen. Sometimes you can see black soot around where it's leaking.
Sounds good. What’s the best way to check vacuum leak on these cars? Can I hook up a vacuum gauge?

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
Sounds good. What’s the best way to check vacuum leak on these cars? Can I hook up a vacuum gauge?

I still do the carb cleaner around the areas that might leak. But for it to come on suddenly and after a pull I'd say something popped up. If you still have the full PCV there's a line that goes under the back of the blower that could've popped off.

Johngreg

Established Member
these codes say.rear o2 sensors are backwards..

blue plug is drivers..purple is passanger..

check that..

reset pcm..

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=53804&d=1446433792&ved=2ahUKEwi27JeT2evcAhUH5awKHWsnDcMQFjABegQIARAB&usg=AOvVaw0lOQfWiPHAlDlzrUW-LIRC

h2,has 2270/2272.
sends you to h3,

here has 2197..

look down list

crossed wires..this may be cause for all 3 codes
I don’t have the rear o2s in anymore. One side I plugged off and other side I’m running a wideband. Front o2s are connected

Johngreg

Established Member
Sprayed the vacuum lines down trying to find a leak. Did not find anything but smells like fuel from the driver side header area?

Users who are viewing this thread