saleen s1 coupe

cam346

Established Member
Power is provided by a turbocharged 2.5-liter four-cylinder engine that produces 450 hp (336 kW) and 350 lb-ft (474 Nm) of torque. It is connected to a six-speed manual transmission which enables the 2,685 lbs (1,218 kg) coupe to accelerate from 0-60 mph in 3.5 seconds before hitting a top speed of 180 mph (289 km/h).

The Saleen S1 will be priced from $100,000 and the company is currently accepting for orders with a $1,000 deposit.
Saleen-S1-1435555.jpg

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
I remember reading on Mustang6g of someone who had their Mustang converted by Saleen and it took more than 8 months for the work to be completed. I also remember Saleen had significant cash flow problems. This car is pretty much vaporware.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
google: tommy Karina ZZ2

If this car was a small TT v8 you mofos would be excited. Hell, doesn’t even need TT to put down 500rwhp. But that much power in a 26-2700lb car is nuts. FWIW, that is the same power to weight ratio as the GTLM cars (C7.R, Ford GT, bmw m6 GTLM, Ferrari 488 GTE, etc).

Never_Enough

Established Member
google: tommy Karina ZZ2

If this car was a small TT v8 you mofos would be excited. Hell, doesn’t even need TT to put down 500rwhp. But that much power in a 26-2700lb car is nuts. FWIW, that is the same power to weight ratio as the GTLM cars (C7.R, Ford GT, bmw m6 GTLM, Ferrari 488 GTE, etc).
Don't leave out a V8 Miata

Recon

Established Member
It’ll be a mean little car if they make it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bluebosss197

im did asbestos i can
Established Member
I remember reading on Mustang6g of someone who had their Mustang converted by Saleen and it took more than 8 months for the work to be completed. I also remember Saleen had significant cash flow problems. This car is pretty much vaporware.

A Chinese company has their hands in it now, so I suspect it will have more backing than Saleen has had for a long time. That remains to be seen though.

jsd512

Wannabe Ghostbuster
Established Member
To me, it looks like a kit car. The way it all fits together looks cheap. Aesthetically speaking, not bad really. It's just cheapy to me. The brakes look cheap, the wheels look unfinished and chunky and the interior doesn't fit well with the car. Cheap is the first word that comes to mind. It would be 100 times greater had Ford built it.

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
For 100k there are far better options with better performance. That car needs to be priced to compete against a Lotus Elise, not lightly used Lambo, 911 Turbo, or Ferrari territory

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member

Was that the one that had horrible fit and finish problems after he got it and Saleen was jerking him around for months? I remember the dealer that sold it to him ended up becoming a Roush dealer over it.

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
Was that the one that had horrible fit and finish problems after he got it and Saleen was jerking him around for months? I remember the dealer that sold it to him ended up becoming a Roush dealer over it.
Correct. He sold it for a GT350 and lost $8k on the Saleen.

Users who are viewing this thread