samsung s6 wiped clean, any way to retrieve data?

COBRA97SVT

Established Member
Hey folks,
I had no other option to get the phone working, i had to restore to factory. I only had my contacts on my cloud, is there any way to retrieve all data that was once on the phone? Thanks

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Not a practical or feasible way. You could send it off to a data recovery firm, but the cost of recovering the data would be exponentially higher than what the phone was worth when it was new. You might be able to ask Google if they have some copies of all your data that they rummaged through. LOL (j/k I know how much it sucks losing important/sentimental data.)

jrandy

Established Member
When you are talking about the data, are you referring to pictures, texts, call logs, or all of them?

Blown 89

Established Member
The data is still there assuming you haven't rewritten it. There's a company called Elcomsoft that used to have programs that worked on older iPhones. I don't know what they offer now but it's a starting point.

COBRA97SVT

Established Member
When you are talking about the data, are you referring to pictures, texts, call logs, or all of them?

Your right mostly photos, and texts.

The data is still there assuming you haven't rewritten it. There's a company called Elcomsoft that used to have programs that worked on older iPhones. I don't know what they offer now but it's a starting point.

I have tried a few of the free softwares that would require me to root the phone, but I was told my phone was too old, and the software couldnt help.

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member
Your phone has to already be rooted for the software you've mentioned to work. Did you back up your contacts to Google at any time prior to this happening?

Crazy that happens. My boss has a S8, and it done a factory reset all on its own. He lost quite a bit of stuff. It took Samsung a little under a month to make things right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Your right mostly photos, and texts...

Who's your cell carrier? Some carriers like AT&T, for example, will put vendor software on the phones that does automatic backups to their cloud storage. Check to see if you have some carrier apps on your phone. You might be able to login on the app and restore your data.

Users who are viewing this thread