SCJ Manifold Review

Jumpmaster2015

Established Member
The lift remained constant all around so we reused the stock valve springs. The l&m intake cams are no springs required. I installed boundary oil pump gears, which are 100 bucks less than mmr

Famine

Established Member
You should have done the twin 67 or 72. Monoblade's a bit rough imo after having it myself, but yes there is a decent power gain from this manifold and AED is a great tuner for this setup as well.

Bryanh24

Established Member
You should have done the twin 67 or 72. Monoblade's a bit rough imo after having it myself, but yes there is a decent power gain from this manifold and AED is a great tuner for this setup as well.
I read that the power gains are negligible between the TB's. Also car is daily which is another reason why I went with twin 65.

Bryanh24

Established Member
The lift remained constant all around so we reused the stock valve springs. The l&m intake cams are no springs required. I installed boundary oil pump gears, which are 100 bucks less than mmr
And you payed someone to do it? Was it a buddy or a known shop? If it was a shop, do you mind how much they charged you for the install?

Jumpmaster2015

Established Member
And you payed someone to do it? Was it a buddy or a known shop? If it was a shop, do you mind how much they charged you for the install?
I got an amazingly fair price for the entire install. 1500 flat with tax for all 4 camshafts and oil pump gears (dropped the k member to access the oil pan)

Canadian5.0

Established Member
20170311_141715_zpssd5ddhdv.jpg

Got mine in today. :)

Sadly it's gonna rain till next week so testing the power is a little tricky when it just spins above 4k :-(

Anyone got any tips on making the coolant lines more black? Or possibly something to wrap them with? They just stand out.

Famine

Established Member
20170311_141715_zpssd5ddhdv.jpg

Got mine in today. :)

Sadly it's gonna rain till next week so testing the power is a little tricky when it just spins above 4k :-(

Anyone got any tips on making the coolant lines more black? Or possibly something to wrap them with? They just stand out.

You could use the mesh wrap material vmp has in their kits, or get the covers that go with the cj kit.

7Lemons

Established Member
I'm very glad to have run across this thread as I've been on the fence for some time as to whether to go with the CJ intake or not. To me, it seemed like a lot of $$$ for a little added power from 5600-7500, but that's mostly where the engine speed lives on a road course track (which I'm trying for the first time this spring). To the OP, I didn't see all your mods/setup in a sig - what gear are you running? How do you think the MT82 w/3:73's would be with this setup? I'm debating this against a wet kit w/ 75 shot instead.

Canadian5.0

Established Member
You could use the mesh wrap material vmp has in their kits, or get the covers that go with the cj kit.

Not a huge fan of the Boss covers on the CJ setup. I went to the VMP site and don't see the mesh wrap for sale by itself but maybe I'll have some luck if I send them an email. Trying to scour google for more info on where to get it but surprised it's not as easy to find as I thought. Those hoses are butt ugly when exposed lol.

If anyone has any ideas/custom things they did on their own setups please share.

Stang Lover

Established Member
Just saw this thread good to know you guys love it. Mine will be here friday and then it's getting sent to Bret Barber to get ported.

Users who are viewing this thread