scratch remover

madridlv70duece

Established Member
I recently bought a mustang. clean interior, unfortunately i cant say the same for the outside. its keyed all over!! anyone have any products they can recommend. i was thinking of using that 2n1 scratch remover pen they sell at autozone to go over all the deep scratches then polishing and waxing the rest of the car with a buffer. its a 99 white saleen.

flamedstang95

Gettin' Dirty
Established Member
IMO any great scratch remover isn't going to be found in an auto parts chain store. It's probably going to take a good wet sanding and buff to do it right. You can take it to a local detailer and have them take care of it, or you can DIY with a Porter Cable or something equivalent with Meguiars M105, then M205 and finish her off with a sealant and carnuba wax

OH3BLKSVT

Screwed by the twins
Established Member
If you can drag your nail across the scratch and it gets snagged, don't even bother. Save if for a new paint job or you can try doctor color chip. Try you tubing them and see what they have covered up scratch wise. Best of luck!

If its not *deep* go to lethal performance and get a porter cable, clay bar and lube, m105, m205, rejex, and a good wax or call John at lethal and he will hook you up!!!

Beerdog80

Crazy Oklahoman
Established Member
If you can drag your nail across the scratch and it gets snagged, don't even bother. Save if for a new paint job or you can try doctor color chip. Try you tubing them and see what they have covered up scratch wise. Best of luck!

If its not *deep* go to lethal performance and get a porter cable, clay bar and lube, m105, m205, rejex, and a good wax or call John at lethal and he will hook you up!!!

All of this.

Or take it to your local trusted painter and have the whole car gone over.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread