• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

SCT automatic firmware update woes

Discussion in 'Engine/Tuning' started by stang8psi, Jun 19, 2012.

1. stang8psi

stang8psi New Member Established Member

Well Friday I tried to do the automatic firmware update and that's were the trouble began. Error code 1018 and wouldn't communicate with the vehicle.

Now Yesterday and today having a tech try and resolve the problem, it has to be sent back to SCT.. The tech was awesome and spent hours between two days remote accessing my comp and trying to re boot the device but it just wasn't working. all my tunes were wiped out and wouldn't hold any tunes. Now getting in a sequence error codes 1002, update device error ( device was updated) 1019,1017 and 1009...

Now the device has to go Back to SCT.. Sucks, good thing the car was returned to stock and starts, but on stock tune and well to me runs like crap.. Good thing my car just sits for the most part.

So moral of story Be careful of the new update as some programers could fall victim of the failed update..

Last edited: Jun 19, 2012
  2. dirtyd88

dirtyd88 Much Wow! Established Member

Sucks to hear man. Hopefully you had your tunes backed up on your computer before they got wiped.

I seem to remember getting that error code on mine when I updated my XCal about a month ago. Although I don't have my car yet, I wanted to retune my truck with a different tune that was on my computer.

I ended up reseting the device and it worked once I plugged into the OBDII, but maybe I just got lucky.

3. stang8psi

Oh yea, I Made sure to save all my tunes..

4. BPatterson

BPatterson Active Member Established Member

So is there an update I need to do to mine?

5. stang8psi

I was only doing it because I was updating A tune and they say to make sure to do the latest firmware update before loading a new tune.. But put car back to stock first.. I did this and thats were the problem occured. Not sure if it was a currupt file from SCT but the tech made it sound like it was...

6. BPatterson

BPatterson Active Member Established Member

Gotcha. The reason I ask is because I'll be updating my tune soon as well.