Sct mafs

T-04

I have been experiencing some problems recently with my car, I have narrowed it down to the maf. The maf in question is a Sct Ba2400, I got this maf back in late 04 early 05 it has worked good for the most part. Now that I am looking into replacing it, it appears that Sct no longer makes the 2400, 2600 looks to be the smallest unit. I have two question; first does sct still make the 2400 hundred series maf, second is if they don’t, is the difference between the two great enough that it would require a new tune? I don’t really want to fork out the extra money to get a retune on a combination that until now has been great. I guess if I have to get a new tune I might as well get a twin screw, that makes sense right?

AMB

Established Member
SCT 2400/2600 MAF's

The only difference between the SCT 2400 and the SCT 2600 is the housings. The SCT2400 is plastic and the SCT2800 metal !!! :read:

Last edited:

Black Cobra

Established Member
I have been experiencing some problems recently with my car, I have narrowed it down to the maf. The maf in question is a Sct Ba2400, I got this maf back in late 04 early 05 it has worked good for the most part. Now that I am looking into replacing it, it appears that Sct no longer makes the 2400, 2600 looks to be the smallest unit. I have two question; first does sct still make the 2400 hundred series maf, second is if they don’t, is the difference between the two great enough that it would require a new tune? I don’t really want to fork out the extra money to get a retune on a combination that until now has been great. I guess if I have to get a new tune I might as well get a twin screw, that makes sense right?

SCT had those made; you can still buy those from the original maker.
Granatelli BA-2400 - Granatelli Big Air Series Mass Air Meters. I'de give them a call and see what they can do for you. You might not have to buy the housing and save a few dollars there too. The thing you want them to be clear on is getting a MAF that matches the flow of the old one so you don't have to re-tune.

Ford Mass Air: Granatelli Motorsports

Jegs sells these too.

Black Cobra

Established Member
second is if they don’t, is the difference between the two great enough that it would require a new tune? I don’t really want to fork out the extra money to get a retune on a combination that until now has been great. I guess if I have to get a new tune I might as well get a twin screw, that makes sense right?

On the tune...I was kinda surprised here...

I loaded up the tunes for the BA2400 and BA2600 in the SCT software and compared the tunes. They were identical. Same MAF transfer function table (This the voltage/counts versus kg/hr of air flow). Both tunes scale the fuel stuff by 47%.

BA2400/BA2600 - identical SCT tune - same MAF xfer function table - same 47% scalings
BA2800/BA3000 - identical SCT tune - same MAF xfer function table - same 40% scalings

If you go with anything other than the BA2400/BA2600 you will definately need a tune. But you'll be set for the future. If you could post what your MAF xfer function table has in it; I could tell you if it matches the SCT 2600 to be sure.

BadBlue98GT

Established Member
Sorry to hijack your thread OP, but I've got a related question...I've been having an issue with a surging idle (jumps from 300 rpm to 900 rpm) and stalling after coming to a stop before the car is up to operating temperature. I just replaced the IAC and it's still doing it so my next course of action is to replace the MAF. I was thinking of putting in a BA 2600, but can I do this on an otherwise stock car without getting a tune? I wouldn't think the difference between it and stock would really matter without any mods other than a CAI, but I'm no expert. I'm not going to be upgrading the blower and getting a tune until December, but I can't live with the way the car is currently running until then so I've got to get something new. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Black Cobra

Established Member
I was thinking of putting in a BA 2600, but can I do this on an otherwise stock car without getting a tune?

No. The computer has to know exactly how much air is getting into the engine and the BA2600 and any other MAF or extender will throw the numbers way off. A tune is required to make sense of it all.

Using the max volts/counts from a BA2600 as an example; the stock tune would think there was about 64 pounds/min of air when in reality there probably around 108 #/min of air. This would cause a very lean situation. The BA2600 tune sets max volts/counts to 51 #/min of air; but all the other 47% scaling in the tune causes the proper amount of fuel to be added to get the correct A/F ratio for around 108 #/min. 1350-1450 CFM depending on alititude and temperature and other things?

funkfords

Established Member
sct 2600

Is the sct2600 still for sale. I would be interested if it is. Mike 618-920-796nine

Last edited:

funkfords

Established Member
sct 2600

Is the sct2600 still for sale. I would be interested if it is. Mike 618-920-796nine

Avispa

Established Member
No. The computer has to know exactly how much air is getting into the engine and the BA2600 and any other MAF or extender will throw the numbers way off. A tune is required to make sense of it all.

Using the max volts/counts from a BA2600 as an example; the stock tune would think there was about 64 pounds/min of air when in reality there probably around 108 #/min of air. This would cause a very lean situation. The BA2600 tune sets max volts/counts to 51 #/min of air; but all the other 47% scaling in the tune causes the proper amount of fuel to be added to get the correct A/F ratio for around 108 #/min. 1350-1450 CFM depending on alititude and temperature and other things?

Yeah, what he said!!!! Change the MAF sensor or the tube diameter and you will HAVE to retune to calibrate actual airflow to MAF sensor output. There are sources for the equivalent of the SCT BA 2400 as others have posted. I'd put back in an exact replacement for what's in there now.

Users who are viewing this thread