SCT X4 questions about loading tune

Mojo88

"Hammer" Time
Established Member
Bought this car a couple of moths ago and it would not pass emissions. So I took it to tuner where he tuned to pass emissions. The car passed, which was great. Now I want to put the old 'power' tune back in, which the tuner had saved and loaded into a SCT X4 which I bought from him. I loaded a couple of his emission tunes already and they went right into the car without any options to make any changes, the tunes just loaded straight in.

However, when I go to revert back to the old 'power' tune, I am presented with a couple of screens where I can make adjustments. Here's the first screen:
sct15.jpg

If I simply select "APPROVE" will it load the old tune back in exactly as it was saved by the tuner?

And do these screens give me options to change things? For instance, it's on "GLOBAL SPARK" in the pic.... if I wanted to add 2 degrees of timing to the entire spark map, I would change the zero to a +2, and this would change the whole map?

Any changes I make would only be applicable to this tune one time? In other words, I would not be modifying the actual tune stored on the SCT device?

Thanks for any help, or maybe point me in right direction to get answers.

StrayBullitt

Established Member
Yes if your tuner did not lock out the Tune, then his settings are now the baseline on that particular tune and you are able modify it. However I wouldn't go in and add in any timing unless you were going to try running more octane or something like that.

Mojo88

"Hammer" Time
Established Member
Yes if your tuner did not lock out the Tune, then his settings are now the baseline on that particular tune and you are able modify it. However I wouldn't go in and add in any timing unless you were going to try running more octane or something like that.

Thanks very much for reply. I basically just want to load the old 'power' tune back in as it was. This is my first go-round with a SCT device. Your caution advice is duly noted, I ain't gonna be adding any timing, as I know that 'power' tune is pretty much right at the limit already.

Thanks again!

StrayBullitt

Established Member
NP. and fwiw, any changes that you make to it will stick with that tune each time you load it. My tuner forgot to account for my 4:10 gears, I had to change that and it has remained programmed each time I've connected it.

Mojo88

"Hammer" Time
Established Member
NP. and fwiw, any changes that you make to it will stick with that tune each time you load it. My tuner forgot to account for my 4:10 gears, I had to change that and it has remained programmed each time I've connected it.

Oh man, thanks for that info too! I gotta study up on this stuff somehow.

Users who are viewing this thread