selling 99/01 ambers / neccessary components?

svt_cobra01

Established Member
when i remove the lights and harness is that all that is required? do i need a gt relay as well or just the lights and harness attached to it?

kezell

MW3-kezell17
Established Member
I cant speak for what you are doing but I swapped my entire wiring harness around when I did the 04 Termi swap. The only wiring I had to do to make the 01 taillights work with the 04 harness was to add a ground. Other than that it was good. I will look up the electrical drawings and see if you need to do anything special.

svt_cobra01

Established Member
I cant speak for what you are doing but I swapped my entire wiring harness around when I did the 04 Termi swap. The only wiring I had to do to make the 01 taillights work with the 04 harness was to add a ground. Other than that it was good. I will look up the electrical drawings and see if you need to do anything special.

all sounds confusing, a guy told me i only needed the harnesses and thats it. i hope thats the case and not any wiring work

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

3B99SVT

Top down makes me smile
Established Member
The harnesses are not plug & play. The connectors are different. If you send your '01 harness w/your ambers you won't have the correct connector for your '01.

To put ambers on an '03/'04 Cobra a connection needs to be added from both taillights to the third brake light, a wire needs to be disconnected/cut by the brake pedal, and the flasher needs to be changed. I'm not sure how to make standard taillights work in your '01 other than using your '01 harness and just cutting a hole for the turn signal bulb in the same location as the ambers. The turn signals won't be as bright but can still be seen.

shurur

Established Member
OP..once you sell those amber tail lights, you will never be able to replace them.
They are the European style tail lights with four wire harness and the only tail lights with the turn signal in the lower amber corner!!
They were only on the 99-01 Cobras and much to be desired.

NO ONE makes them anymore...not even after market..
The same is true of the front bumper on the 99-10 Cobras.
They are only on those cars!!

They last set I saw sold for $700 and that was a steal..

Mine were swapped out (stolen) before I bought my car.
You are better off storing them somewhere in case you change your mind.

svt_cobra01

Established Member
OP..once you sell those amber tail lights, you will never be able to replace them.
They are the European style tail lights with four wire harness and the only tail lights with the turn signal in the lower amber corner!!
They were only on the 99-01 Cobras and much to be desired.

NO ONE makes them anymore...not even after market..
The same is true of the front bumper on the 99-10 Cobras.
They are only on those cars!!

They last set I saw sold for $700 and that was a steal..

Mine were swapped out (stolen) before I bought my car.
You are better off storing them somewhere in case you change your mind.

they were already sold i have the termi tail lights with my original 01 wiring harnesses. i have brake lights but no flashers/turn signals. i needed the money so they had to go. ill have to figure out how to get turn signals now

shurur

Established Member
after seeing that post this is way beyond my expertise no way i can do splicing and wiring work. looks like i have to fork out more money to someone who knows what they are doing

There should be some mustang folks (svtp, local mustang forums..) nearby who could help you do this.
You have a chance to learn something new.
YouTube helps a lot too.

Users who are viewing this thread