• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

selling 99/01 ambers / neccessary components?

Discussion in 'New Edge Cobras' started by svt_cobra01, Sep 4, 2017.

1. svt_cobra01

svt_cobra01 Member Established Member

when i remove the lights and harness is that all that is required? do i need a gt relay as well or just the lights and harness attached to it?

2. kezell

kezell MW3-kezell17 Established Member

I cant speak for what you are doing but I swapped my entire wiring harness around when I did the 04 Termi swap. The only wiring I had to do to make the 01 taillights work with the 04 harness was to add a ground. Other than that it was good. I will look up the electrical drawings and see if you need to do anything special.

3. slo984now

slo984now AKA 01yellerCobra Established Member

What are you looking to get for the ambers?

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

4. svt_cobra01

the red replacment lights with harnesses and $300. apparently they are arriving tomorrow and the money is pending until that day as well. if everything goes right they are already sold.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

5. svt_cobra01

all sounds confusing, a guy told me i only needed the harnesses and thats it. i hope thats the case and not any wiring work

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

6. 3B99SVT

3B99SVT Top down makes me smile Established Member

The harnesses are not plug & play. The connectors are different. If you send your '01 harness w/your ambers you won't have the correct connector for your '01.

To put ambers on an '03/'04 Cobra a connection needs to be added from both taillights to the third brake light, a wire needs to be disconnected/cut by the brake pedal, and the flasher needs to be changed. I'm not sure how to make standard taillights work in your '01 other than using your '01 harness and just cutting a hole for the turn signal bulb in the same location as the ambers. The turn signals won't be as bright but can still be seen.